• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Buttercup, single lionhead

This little girl is the luckiest little bunny in the world. One of our volunteers went to Melton Mowbray cattle market and managed to buy her for £1. He brought her back to us and thought we'd tell him off (as if!!). Sadly 40 or so other buns didn't make it into his van:(

Poor Buttercup had subcutaneous milk deposits all over her tummy which were causing her a lot of discomfort bless her.

We think that Buttercup is only young (under 1 year). She has been vaccinated for myxi and is awaiting a spay. She is an extremely timid bunny, understandably so. She will come over for a sniff but a little stroke is off limits. She needs a home with a bunny friend and someone who is able to spend time with her so that she can eventually enjoy some human fuss.

She is adorable and such a little gem. She is a very small bunny.

Buttercup.jpg

buttercup2.jpg

Last edited:
Buttercup is so beautiful :love: I hope she finds a loving and caring forever home Bless her, poor other bunnies that didn't make it into the Van :(

I know thats why she would be perfect but unfortunately Nottingham is miles away from me :( Hope she finds a home soon!!

OMG I just read that you lost Destiny to Myxi - just an awful disease. Big hugs to you hun, I know what you went through. Distance isn't a problem. We can arrange a bunny run if you wanted to adopt her. I'd leave it for a couple of weeks though to make sure you are definitely myxi free. Buttercup is vaccinated and has been for several weeks so she should be fully immune. There is myxi outbreaks all over the U.K though at the moment and it is just so horrid.:cry:

I know its awful i didnt relise that it was carried through biting insects... so i blame myself for my loss poor little soul :(

I was think the same thing, i think its early days for me at the moment. I mean i would love my boy to have a friend again, but i want to be safe and im not quite ready just yet to replace destiny :(
x

How beautiful is Buttercup. I cant believe that this country allows rabbits to be sold at cattle markets. What is the purpose? Are they meant for pet or food?

How beautiful is Buttercup. I cant believe that this country allows rabbits to be sold at cattle markets. What is the purpose? Are they meant for pet or food?

Either. Our volunteer said that a lot of the rabbits were all just being bundled into crates together. Their fate is anyones guess.:cry:

we have a large auction here,im on good terms with animal welfare guy there so report alot.they go for pets mostly but i dont think about anything else.the cheapest iv seen one go for is 25p.:( the later on in the year the cheaper they get.you see some of the most gorgeous rabbits ever :( also ducks,chickens guinea pigs.alot have health probs

shes a real sweetie..looks a lot like our little bridge bun casper

088.jpg

hope she gets her home soon.

i recall when donna bought darling weeny comet from a pet meat market for something like 50p:(

guess its where all the unwanted pet shop buns go:(

shes a real sweetie..looks a lot like our little bridge bun casper

088.jpg

hope she gets her home soon.

i recall when donna bought darling weeny comet from a pet meat market for something like 50p:(

guess its where all the unwanted pet shop buns go:(

Yes, they go so cheaply, it breaks my heart. Not to mention all the other animals. I didn't mention that our volunteer came back with a van load of animals.:cry: 1 of the guinea pigs gave birth within an hour - just imagine where that poor little love would of ended up and who would of bought her.:cry:

I just can't go to the market myself.

Back