• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns with permenant access to run and avairy help please

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Ok please dont tell me I have just wasted £260 :lol:
At the mo my 4 have a 7 x 5 shed with 6 x 4 temporary run attached...

My avairy panals are on order to eventually make a 10 x 7 avairy run but since i got my buns back from bonding they have only sat in the shed! Please tell me they will use the avairy when i get it!!! Im not going to be sat looking at an avairy with no buns in am I??

Also how do you attach it to concrete? and how am I going to adapt into a curve? Can the panals still fix together if they are at a slight angle?
Sorry I prob sound really thick here..
This is the space - all the walled area.. and the gap with have a panel with a door in.

CIMG2889.jpg

I am sure they will venture out when they are ready, especially if there is food in the run ;)

Not sure how you would curve an aviary though as the roof wont fit and it wouldn't be very solid it the wood isn't flat against each other :?

:lol: My aviary is now up, but the buns are yet to move in - I am furnishing the shed this weekend (new open-fronted hutches/equine matting etc). They better use the aviary!!!

Some of my panels are at a weird angle - my run is made up of one 10ft x10ft flat square, but the rest is stepped using sleepers or sloping up the garden

Mine is on grass attached to under-turf mesh, but the roof is what holds it rigid:D

Yeah not sure about that either, but we haven't fixed the panels to the flagstones. We had it fixed to the shed and I think its solid enough not to worry about that.

We have a concrete base to our aviary - my dad drilled through with a masonry drill (very loud!) so that we could screw it into the concrete (in case of gales).

The buns love being outside, but will always go into their hutches or snuggle in a corner during the middle of the day, which is their sleepy time.

I'm sure you're buns will use the aviary when they are used to it, especially if you hide a few of their favourite treats out there for them to forage for :)

hmm my panals wont fix to the shed as I have a foot back and front which i was going to use doubled up mesh for... hmmm

And yes they do venture out to eat but then go back in - lazy buns :roll:

What about some kind of latt attached to the fence/shed

OMG you can tell I just spent all weekend with my dad going " we need some kind of strengthening lat!"

My two haven't got access t the aviary but even in the kennel they spend most of their time asleep in the enclosed bit. I think they feel safer in dark areas. That Said, Gasket always sat outside in the run, even in the rain sleet and snow. :roll:

They will use the run, maybe not during the day (mine sit an sleep in thier shed during the day) but should come out in the evening.
Not too sure how I would go about fixing the panels, i would of fixed posts in myself andattacged the wire to each one creating a curve

Back