• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diesel needs the power of RU please U/D Weds morning

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Diesel went to the vets today for a tear duct flush (ongoing problem) I gave them permission to sedate him this time because he doesnt stay still very well and also finds it very stressful .....anyway vet just called and hes found one of the top incisors had pus around it and poor Diesel is going to have them out now .

I'm rather worried given what happened with Jasmine after her incisor removal ( osteomyelitis resulting in her being pts) so please could we have some vibes .

Last edited:
Thanks everyone....Diesel is home now ,hes a bit shell shocked still but seems ok ....the vet showed me the teeth he removed,one was ankylosed (fused in the jawbone) like Jasmines had been and the top 2 took a total of an hour and a quarter to remove :shock:

Fingers crossed for a good recovery.

Hope he has plenty of pain relief.I think I would be gulping back the metacam in his position!!!!

lots and lots of positive vibes coming diesels way:love:

ouch..yup id be swallowing the metacam by the bottleful:lol:

theres always hope if they get it early enough and clear the infected tissue away ang take a culture for the antbx......but sounds like you girlie was like the wee bun we took in last year...it was an infection cos someone or something had ripped his lip off..there was loads necrotic tissue there...it then went to his tooth roots....but his heart stopped on table..vet couldnt do anymore and within a few months had to be pts.

but in this situation.....im keeping my fingers very tightly crossed.

seek out gem on here..her lil lady bun harley ended up having an op and shes still fighting and going strong..theres always hope of keeping it at bay if it cant be cured.

hugs for you....nosey rubs for diesel xx

loads of get well vibes for Diesel xx

p.s When I took my buns for bonding Cheryl has the dearest little grey bun that reminded me of little Nutkin :love: Hope shes ok x

Do hope Diesel is okay! Sending multiple vibes from me and the buns here, including some giant ones from Captain Carrot... :wave:

Well Diesel hasn't given me a very restful night,I was so worried about him.

He was cold,refused to lay on a heatpad so I snuggled him under the duvet with me for a while :oops:

I'd left soaked pellets ,mashed banana and some baby food for him to eat ,none of which he wanted , he chose to nibble some dried dandelion leaves that had been in his carrier!
So at 1.20am I went and shredded some cabbage for him and he ate a bit of that.

No poos yet as far as I can see and hes been grinding his teeth all night so I think we'll be back to the vet for some more pain relief of some sort this morning (I think he had rimadyl yesterday ) .

Back