• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Corn on the cob

Mandxx

Warren Scout
Was told that a fresh cob with leaves etc attached was a nice "treat" for Peaches can I just confirm this with you. Also it is quite big and obviously dnt want her getting fat so should I only let her munch on it for say an hour or less then take rest away?

Hope u dnt mind my persistent questions ,just really want to make sure I'm doing the right things for her.

Both corn and carrots are very high in starch and ideally should be avoided or fed as treat only. However fresh corn cobs have a very thick cellulose layer that is quite hard for bun to digest, and dried they are a risk of impaction. Carrot as a slice as a treat is fine, but I would not feed a whole carrot.

Much better would be some lovely carrot tops instead! :wave:

Yeah have sliced a bit of the carrot and it is only for a treat. So glad I asked here first about the corn!

Back