• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi injections - when best to have it?

Hiya,

mylo had his my injection on the 29th March 2010 so its coming up to 6 months since he had it, am i best to wait until near the end of sept?

I dont wana leave it too late but i also dont want him to have it too early :wave:

Last edited:
Hiya,

mylo had his my injection on the 29th March 2010 so its coming up to 6 months since he had it, am i best to wait until near the end of sept?

I dont wana leave it too late but i also dont want him to have it too early :wave:

i'd get it booked in now, a couple of weeks overlap won't do any harm i'd guess :)

Does your vet not send you a reminder? Or is my vet a rare one to do so?

i'd get it booked in now, a couple of weeks overlap won't do any harm i'd guess :)

Does your vet not send you a reminder? Or is my vet a rare one to do so?

I wasnt sure how much overlap was possible, i suppose if i book it for next week or the week after its coming up to that time anyway...cant believe its nearly october!

I am not sure, they may do, maybe i am just being too organised!

When I had a bodged myxi vac I contacted Intervet to find out if re-vacination was safe given we didn't now how much had been administered and I was advised it was so I don't think you have to worry about a little overlap.

September is the height of Myxi season so I would get it in early rather than on time. I've often brought mine forward by a few weeks - it's no probs at all. :wave:

Back