• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furby one of the Lym rescue buns in his new home!!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Rhianna doesn't know how to put pics on her pc yet so she sent me some to my phone for you all to see.

She collected Furby the day we took him out, and bought my hutch/run combo for him, here he is learning what space, clean accomodation and toys are..... :love:

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Last edited:
What a handsome beastie he is.

Bet he just can't believe what has happened to his life in the last two weeks. A brand new start for him.

I wish we could save all the bunnies all the time but for now, Furby is a little starfish that you have made the difference to Karen.

Thanks loads for posting those for me, Lara. They came out much better than I expected - the last one I knew was far too dark.

Thank you for your lovely comments. I will pass them on to Furby - as I don't think he realises what a handsome bun he is. He is deaf - but I think he is learning to lip read!!

I, too, wish I could rescue all the buns, Helen. When I took Furby to see my vet he said 'I thought you had said 'no more'!!' I told him there were 68 buns and I had only rehomed one - I thought I had been very restrained!!!

Furby still hasn't mastered his ramp, although I have lifted the end a bit to make it less steep for him. He does look a bit puzzled, as though he is trying to work everything out.

He isn't eating very much - which is a worry - but because he got so incredibly stressed when I took him for his myxi I don't want to take him to the vet unless it is essential as I think it will unsettle him still further. He will still eat fenucreek crunchies and has eaten a little mix and some apple and a piece of spring green. I am keeping a close eye on him and if he doesn't eat more today I will have to book him in at the vet tomorrow:( My own vet is on holiday so there is a locum there. He seems happy enough though exploring and pushing his tunnel so it moves. (Furby, not my vet:D).

Last edited:
Sending nomming vibes for Furby. :wave:Bunnies can be quite picky eaters, it seems. My lad has just gone off spring greens, but is accepting broccoli and rocket. :) He really wants curly kale and parsley, but I know they are to high in calcium for regular feeding. Glad he is enjoying moving things about. :)

Bless little Furby - I expect it's a lot for him to take in and knowing what space, love, attention, good food and a clean bed feels like will take a little getting used to.

Have you tried some other natural goodies like bramble,apples & hawthorn leaves? :)

OH hes gorgeous :love: I hadnt been around much due to broken laptop so have missed a lot. What happened to him if you dont mind me asking?

Minimallow - Furby was one of the 68 buns rescued from Lymington along with 123 guinea-pigs. There are threads on here about it but they were kept in appalling conditions in small hutches - but given food and water - I think the lady could no longer cope with the numbers she had.

I've been home this morning and have checked on Furby and he used his ramp to climb up to his hutch:) and nommed some of his mix. I can't tell you how my heart leapt with relief to hear the crunch of his teeth and see his mouth moving. I was so dreading taking him to the vet and him then being so stressed he went into stasis.

Thanks, Raine. I will try that. He does eat hay but I give all my buns meadow hay from a local farm park so I could try some different stuff and see if he prefers it. I just want to see him nomming enthusiastically like my other buns.

He definitely looks confused though - I think he wonders where he is a bit. I am just relieved the cats don't bother him at all as they love sleeping on the hutch and run.

I have been foraging for grass and dandelion leaves but am hopeless at knowing what other types of wild food are OK for buns. I need to find a book - with good photos. I have a cemetery at the end of the road and part of it has been left to run wild so I am sure there would be a good supply of food there if I only knew what I was picking. I am terrified of poisoning my fur family.

Furby won't eat much grass or dandelion leaves, sadly. He sniffs them but is not really interested. I think getting him onto a reasonable diet is going to take some time but at the moment I just want him to eat!!!

Google images is quite good for piccies of wild bun food. Bramble is easy to spot though, just look for the blackberries & the prickly leaves. Raspberry & strawberry leaves also go down well ;)

The vet did have a good look at his teeth when he had his myxi and check up. He said they are lovely and white and thinks Furby is only a young bun. I know that some problems can only be seen when a bun is totally relaxed but I've had a number of dental buns and Furby isn't showing the signs. He isn't favouring soft or hard food - he just seems to be fussy!! He eats his fenucreek crunchies easily and usually my dental buns have ignored them when their teeth were hurting.

I will get the vet to check his teeth while he is under GA though just in case. Thank you for the suggestion.

I think Furby is used to a very sweet diet and probably hasn't had much in the way of veg. I doubt he had access to the outside so may not know what grass is:(

The bed was on offer in Morrisons and I couldn't resist. Furby is so good - so far it hasn't been chewed or peed over - which is what my other buns have done with anything soft.

I will have a look at google images. I have blackberries in my jungle of a garden but find the brambles to painful to pick - they even go through gardening gloves!! I do have some strawberry plants that came to nothing so can use the leaves:love: Will feel better about them if they can be useful for something - even if I didn't get the crop I had hoped for for myself!

I will have a look at google images. I have blackberries in my jungle of a garden but find the brambles to painful to pick - they even go through gardening gloves!! I do have some strawberry plants that came to nothing so can use the leaves:love: Will feel better about them if they can be useful for something - even if I didn't get the crop I had hoped for for myself!

I snip brambles off with scissors, at the base of the leaf - much easier than trying to pinch them off ;) These plus other leaves dry really easily too so worth putting some away for the winter (if they last that long :lol:)

Back