• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so relieved!

Because i no longer have to worry about wether my vet knows what he/she is doing, how they are handling my bunny and if im being ripped off! :D:D I know cost isnt important, but when i know that something isnt right and that my vet probably has even less of an idea than i do, im far from happy about handing over my money.

I text a Andrea who i know from the farm whos a vet nurse at an extremely good clinic. I knew they were good with equines, but didnt think they knew much about bunnys. ANYWAY...i told her that they have been diagnosed with syphilis and how they wouldnt allow me to inject them at home and about how much they were charging me etc etc. She rang me back just now and went through symptoms with me and asked about vaccination and all the other possible things that it could be (although im pretty sure its syphilis). She told me to make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and ask for Jane and explain the situation and that i know Andrea and shell fit me in. She said Janes really good with rabbits and that shes pretty up to date with everything and that i dont need to worry. Aparently a lot of people have left the vet i am currently registered with because of the terrible care!

It feels like such a relief!! I know ill still worry about them, but at least if they are ill, i dont have to worry about whos treating them. Really looking forward to meeting this Jane. Hope it goes ok :D

My vet used to be brilliant. He was great when i first got Marley, but he sold the clinic and went into partenership with another vet which is too far away and they have a few clinics so its unlikely that id be able to see him when i needed to.

Back