• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

On-line shopping for buns

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
After reading a thread where someone (can't remember who now, sorry) was only paying £5.99 for 3kg of SS and I am paying £7.99, I thought I would investigate some on-line bunny shops and have realised I am paying more than I need to for lots of things. I pay £3.99 for a bag of fenucreek crunchies - and have seen them for £1.95. I was amazed.

I know I have to take delivery charges into account but, with eight buns, I would imagine if I buy everything once a month - after payday - I will probably save a fair bit.

Just wondered how many of you do shop for your buns on-line - especially those of you with lots of buns - and if you would recommend it?

I have a feeling I will end up spending even more though as there were some very lovely things for buns on the sites:)

I always shop online as I am unable to get supplies that I need from pet shops. I use about 5 different suppliers and try to bulk buy so only have one delivery cost.

I spend some online and some in local stores. I buy their farm hay, and food from local stores and leave the online order for when i need several things. Have just found a local supplier of magazorb though so not sure what else I need from online other than buying them unnessary toys and treats. :oops:

I buy at Vet UK - if you spend over £40 delivery is free.

At the moment 3kg bags of SS works out MUCH cheaper than buying the equivalent in 10kg bags. . I buy 8 bags at once (19 buns).

If I am ever under £40 I add in some Critical Care as I know I will need it at some stage so it works out cheap to get some in and save postage:shock:

I also buy fishfood pellets and mealworms (dried:shock::lol:) for the hens/bantams off the same site as well as non-prescription medicines.

The vet UK 3kg bags were £3 on special offer (amazing!!) but have gone back up to about £4.70 now:roll:

i buy everything online

dustfreehay and hay experts mainly and vetuk.

also used animal magic pet supplies, equinecaninefeline (lots of offers at the minute) :wave:

I buy nearlly all the bunny items on line for my six (ten at the mo with foster buns). I buy a big bag of Excel locally but otherwise the hay, treats and Megazorb come from Hay Experts and occasionally bits from elsewhere. I haven't found a supplier of Megazorb locally and not much to choose from hay-wise locally either.

I do the once- a month shop also, to keep postage costs down.

Looks like I need to do more of my bunny shopping online. I use The Hay Experts, but sometimes the postage costs more than the item I'm buying - it's worth it for something special though.

Am continuing to investigate (but must go to bed!!). I have eight cats too and a neighbour has been getting me big bags of cat litter as I couldn't carry them but I have noticed they are much cheaper on-line as is cat food.

A downside of ordering everything once a month would be that I am faced with the harsh realisation of how much my overdraft is due to my fur family - at the moment I am in denial:) - and would quite like to stay that way!

I've found some amazing treats though and willow toys:)

Am continuing to investigate (but must go to bed!!). I have eight cats too and a neighbour has been getting me big bags of cat litter as I couldn't carry them but I have noticed they are much cheaper on-line as is cat food.

A downside of ordering everything once a month would be that I am faced with the harsh realisation of how much my overdraft is due to my fur family - at the moment I am in denial:) - and would quite like to stay that way!

I've found some amazing treats though and willow toys:)

the denial is needed when keeping pets!! :lol:

Back