• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

soft cushiony beds- do bunnies like them or not?

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
I have always found that, given the choice my buns prefer to sleep on reasonably hard surfaces, often twisting themselves into the most uncomfortable positions imaginable. Get the top deals from Catalogue Specials again. But I see a lot of pet beds aimed at bunny owners so I was wondering, do buns appreciate them or are we just trying to give them comforts that they don't want or need? :D

we gave ours really nice soft beautiful beds - they wee and poo in them and sleep on the lino ....................:roll::roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ive given up on beds and fleeces for mine, Sooty used to have a padded bed which she shredded in no times and though mine have a carpet mat and fleece they will always sleep on the bare wood or concrete :roll:
So I say dont waste your money on the ungrateful so an so's :lol::lol:

My Basil hates his cardboard house filled with straw, he never rests in it and more often than not, either chews it to bits or wees in it:lol: He has an elevated area in his base and a fairly flat cushion on that, which is where he surveys the world and grooms himself. He poos on that as well but not much. Don't know if he likes the cushion, but he likes the elevated platform.

:lol: I put carpet in their pet carrier because they were sliding all over the place, but Widget took offence as soon as it was in there, and was trying to pull it out. I might try a piece of lino insted.:roll:

My boys love snuggling! They have carpet squares on the floor of the aviary, and they lie on those rather than anywhere else. And when it's cooler they love lying on pieces of fleece. Plus they have the igloo style cat beds, and they like sleeping in them (and jumping on top of them to squash them down :lol:).

Yep, my boys love a bit of comfort :lol:

They look pretty but my rabbits much prefer to eat them :lol: Even with a thick layer of shavings/hay in the hutch, mine prefer to shove away the bedding and lay on the wood, under their waterbottle :roll:

My guys like soft beds.... they flop in them :)

However, some buns like to use them to pee in or try and chew them, so it depends on the bun really.....

When it comes to bedding, all my buns are so different!
Cilla likes soft fluffy cushions,
Colin likes carpet,
Maud likes woodshavings
Malc likes hay
:lol:

Poppet has a fabric cat igloo, but doesnt sleep on the cushion or her blanket, she shifts it out the way and sleeps on the hard floor. Jasmine sleeps on her blanket thats in a litter tray

matthew and tabitha had a pet bed big enough for two, but they thought it was a jolly toilet, so eventually i got tired of washing it and threw it away.
they like vetbed in their carriers, and will lie on that. they also like fleeces on the floor or in their big trays.

My friend got Lucky a lavish cat bed - which he destroyed! He has a cushion and blankets but he prefers to sleep on top of his hutch on a plastic storage box. It's a small space as there is a shelf just above it so he squeezes himself in. :lol: He never ever sleeps in his hutch. :lol:

I bought my buns a nice soft dog bed for them to snuggle in over the winter, but they just ripped all the stuffing out of it (I was actually watching a video of Nora killing it last night lol) and chewed it to death.

Their favourite thing to sit on when they were inside was the cheap door mat that I'd bought as the floor was getting muddy from me going outside. Think it cost about £3, was scratchy and muddy, but was their favourite place to sit :roll:

Spenser prefrs to lie on bare wood, in the living quarters of the hutch. He uses his bedroom for toilet purposes only. :roll::roll::roll: I am sorely tempted to buy all sorts of bunny blankets etc. for winter snuggling, but deep down I suspect he would either ignore or try to eat them. :roll::lol::love:

I bought gracie a fluffy bed when she was a baby and she tried to eat it :roll: now her and charlie have fleecy blankets and they both kick them away and lay on the cold laminate :roll: xxx

Even with a thick layer of shavings/hay in the hutch, mine prefer to shove away the bedding and lay on the wood, under their waterbottle

mine do exactly the same! and they do it when it is raining so they get all wet :roll:

My rex Morris loved soft fleecy beds, he had a selection to sleep on, he loved them so much he used to groom them:love:
Some of the others love vet bed , though they like to wee on it aswell, but some just like to lie on hay.
I think its finding what bunny likes best:)

Another thought:? It could be the age of buns that makes them prefer soft comfort. Most of mine are older so maybe that is why they dont have a good scrap with their cosy beds:lol:

Back