• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stray Rabbit With Malocclusion U/D p53

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I had a phone call a couple of hours ago about a "stray" rabbit in someones garden, that had "teeth sticking out its mouth"

Asked them to bring it round, and he has severe malocclusion.
His bottom teeth touch his top lip, and unfortunately, one of his front teeth have curled and is growing towards the back of his throat, the end is out of sight, so no idea how far back it goes :(

I would estmate him at 6 months to 1 years old.
He is an agouti/fawn and white broken butterfly mini lop. With one ear up, and one down.

He has been a little aggressive to me getting him out of the carrier, but who can blame him?

His nails (which have now been clipped) were also overgrown and starting to twist.

This little boy will need a name :)

Edit: pics post 9

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of him.

DSCF8321.jpg

DSCF8322.jpg

DSCF8305.jpg

DSCF8323.jpg

His teeth

DSCF8317.jpg

His claws

DSCF8311.jpg

Please excuse the paperwork and cup in the background :oops:

Poor little bunny, his teeth are so awful, he is very lucky to be with you, he must feel so uncomfortable. How anyone can allow an innocent animal to get like that is simply unbelievable yet it seems to happen again & again!!

Willoughby (that's my fave male bunny name). Failing that I'm going to suggest Tidman (name of my dentist, or was before he retired).

Poor chap. There's something to be said about fate though, that these bunnies land somewhere that someone who knows what to do or where to send them, finds them (if that makes sense!).

Poor little bun, and so cute too. Wish him all the best in getting teeth sorted and up to strength. Are the vets going to be able to cut thise to get them to meet or are they just coming out? do those top ones go in and backwards? Sending lots of noserubs to the little guy.

I think it will be best for him to simply have them out :(

One of his top ones has grown backwards, and down his throat :(
Even his peg teeth behind his top incisors are overgrown and at an angle :?

I like Willoughby and Oliver :love:
We have already had a Jasper bunny (as I also like that name!)

Back