• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny wee

katie2000

Alpha Buck
Ok so I am having friends to stay next weekend and I was sorting out the spare room only to find some old dried bunny wee on the carpet behind the bed :shock: little monsters, it must've been there months because they have not been upstairs for a couple of months :oops:

I have tired rubbing it with a cloth and warm water but this has only sort of spread the stain across the carpet :cry:

Any ideas?? I need it removed before next weekent because my friends are not animal people at all :oops:

Have you tried the 1001 pet stain remover? It's in a yellow and blue bottle I think, and it's really good! Just dampen the stained area, spray and leave for ten mins or so. It should mostly come out, removed a dried on kitten runny poo that I only found a few weeks later cos it was behind a chest :shock:

Have you tried the 1001 pet stain remover? It's in a yellow and blue bottle I think, and it's really good! Just dampen the stained area, spray and leave for ten mins or so. It should mostly come out, removed a dried on kitten runny poo that I only found a few weeks later cos it was behind a chest :shock:

No i have not heard of this......it is from the supermarket? I will have a look tomorrow after work if it is. Thank you :D

White vinegar is also good if you check that the carpet retains it's colour 1st. It gets out the white chalkyness in rabbit wee better than most things.

[Any vinegar is good for cleaning the limescale/chalk from bunny litter trays too.]

White vinegar is also good if you check that the carpet retains it's colour 1st. It gets out the white chalkyness in rabbit wee better than most things.

[Any vinegar is good for cleaning the limescale/chalk from bunny litter trays too.]

Oh what a great tip! I was just thinking of throwing out the litter tray because it was getting a bit chalky the way they do. Shopping list for tomorrow:

1. 1001 stain remover
2. white vinegar

Im sure my carpets will be as good as new (fingers crossed!) Im sure my buns have especially offensive/stainy wee!

I've just commented pn another bunny wee post. The best thing I have found is a mousse that I bought in poundworld. You spray it on, run it then leave it to dry and hoover it up. Gets the stain and smell out!

I've just commented pn another bunny wee post. The best thing I have found is a mousse that I bought in poundworld. You spray it on, run it then leave it to dry and hoover it up. Gets the stain and smell out!

This sounds interesting, can you remember what it's called?

To avoid the stain spreading when you try to remove it ensure you work from the outside of the stain inward toward the centre ;)

Back