• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think a 10inch high space...

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
about 5ft x 2ft would add anything to a medium bun's play space, when they're freeranging, or do you think it would just be frustrating and they couldn't fit comfortably underneath?

I can't quite picture it in my head :?

But if you mean what I think you mean, then maybe - my buns love to hide under low things and watch people's feet go past so the space you have in mind could be somewhere to do that!

about 5ft x 2ft would add anything to a medium bun's play space, when they're freeranging, or do you think it would just be frustrating and they couldn't fit comfortably underneath?

i'd of thought that any additional 'moving' space would be excellent, just because they can't fully periscope upwards, as clutterydrawer said, i can second, Biscuit alone loves to get under non-high things, such as a my sofa, but that normally ends up going wrong..normally means im going to have to replace yet another 4gang adapter:roll::lol:

I think go for it :wave:

I can't quite picture it in my head :?

But if you mean what I think you mean, then maybe - my buns love to hide under low things and watch people's feet go past so the space you have in mind could be somewhere to do that!

Sorry, I should have explained really! I'm thinking of getting the bun's new hutch custom made, and to allow them a bit of extra space in the shed I thought if the legs were longer than normal, there'd be room for them to hop and lie underneath. It would be ok for my current buns, but they're small, and as they won't be around forever and it'd be good if any future medium sized buns would fit underneath comfortably as well.

mine love going underneath their hutch and I think it's around 10cm off the ground. I'm thinking about putting it on bricks so my frenchie can fit under too.

Sorry, I should have explained really! I'm thinking of getting the bun's new hutch custom made, and to allow them a bit of extra space in the shed I thought if the legs were longer than normal, there'd be room for them to hop and lie underneath. It would be ok for my current buns, but they're small, and as they won't be around forever and it'd be good if any future medium sized buns would fit underneath comfortably as well.

go for it, you've got nothing to lose really :) Apache is very fond of noozing under low shelves, stools, and between the bedframe and the boxes stored underneath it :)

Alfie and Bubbles love squeezing under things too. It's surprising how small a gap they can fit into/under so I would imgaine 10 inches would be enough for most average bunnies. :D

I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra hiding space &, if any future buns are a little too large for the space and you're worried they'll get stuck, you could just block it off. ;)

Mine fit under their hutch and the guinea pigs hutch, they love running under them and hiding!

Of course, it makes it harder to catch them though :lol:

Back