• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im feeling awfull.

loulabell

Warren Scout
i've just sexed my baby buns (rescued approx 9 weeks old) and only ones a boy! so that means i've got to seperate him from his mum and two sisters. im hoping to keep them all together as a bonded group post spay/neuter. i feel awfull :( hes gonna be on his own! hes always snuggling up to the others and grooming them. :( .
im gonna get vet to double check when thay go for jabs.

Will you be able to have a set up where the little boy can be quite close to the others, although safely out of range as far as fertility is concerned? It won't be the same as cuddling into his family, but it might not be too lonely for him. :wave: I've no experience of young buns, but I have seen photos posted where buns are separated but can see each other.

Would it be possible for you to keep him indoors, as a house rabbit? That way he'll have you for company! :)

Would it be possible for you to keep him indoors, as a house rabbit? That way he'll have you for company! :)

i would love to have him as a house rabbit but its not really an option :)
i know he wont be on his own forever but i feel awfull for him :(
he will be in the hutch directly under his mum and sisters.

Back