• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly has just eaten a button off the tv remote :-(

lja401

Warren Scout
I can't believe I was so stupid, I just left the remote on the sofa for a second while I got up to move the rabbits hay and Milly just ate a button off of it. She had stasis only 3 weeks ago so I am panicing now that this may cause a relapse. Is there anything I can give her? Should I feed her some bulky food now?

Oh no!!

Lucky did this before but was fine afterwards. Do you think she swallowed it? Have a good look around as it might be near by.

Just keep an eye out and see how it goes. Make sure she drinks plenty too tho - not sure about bulky food - i'll let other experienced RU'ers answer that one.

Good luck Milly!! xx

She definately swallowed it :-( She was chewing it and I tried to get it out of her mouth but she ran away :( She has eaten a couple before and was ok but I am worried sick because of her stasis problem.

My bridge bun Tilly devoured a few buttons off my remote once, she was absolutely fine afterwards.

Theyre only small (unless u have an unusually large remote!) so just make sure she drinks loads of water and eats lots of hay and hopefully she'll just pass it.

Sending vibes for herxxxxxx

Thank you Gemma, she is just eating some hay at the moment so will keep an eye on her. Gosh the little pickles cause us a lot of worry. Hehe xx

bisc ate some aswell a while back and i was panicking loads but he was fine, and he has the most sensitive tummy! just keep an eye on her. :)

Hope she's OK! My rabbit lives in the garden, but I suspect he may have eaten a couple of the little non-slip plastic things under his foodbowl. They've been missing for some time now, and he has been fine. :wave:

I'm just remembering there was a thread not so long ago inviting people to post their bunnies' destuction achievements. Some of the lists were awesome. :shock::shock::shock: Not that I'm making light of your being worried - I'm the world's worst bunny mummy for worrying. :oops::oops::oops:

Im glad im not the only one.

Biscuit has 'mute' and 3 and 7 inside him somewhere...:lol:

He's fine :)

Lilly and Tilly have both been 'offenders' for this in the past, and Rich's xbox controller (he was not a happy man when it happened). They have both been fine after 'the vandalism' as Rich calls it :lol:

common problem

Our oldest remote has very few buttons left - using it requires guesswork. Marble came to no harm... But she did become an outdoor bunny!

I went through a stage when everytime I picked up a remote (TV, CD player, Sky), it had a button missing, it took my boyfriend a while to learn how quick those little bunny teeth can be, until one day he was lying on the floor with Poppy and she bit through the wire of his I-pod earphones that were round his neck!! She's been ok so far with everything she's eaten (and that's alot)!!

its a rabbit thing, they are rubber mad :shock: :lol: on my last remote rosie ate about 8 buttons off it, i learnt to keep tem out of her way, or turn them upside down

locks had a taste of one of the buttons on my remote a few months back he ate the stop button :lol:

Castiel did this last week, the exit button ironically :roll::lol: he was fine, I never saw the exit button 'exit' at the other end though

Radish has the rewind button on from the sky plus remote in her :lol:

She was fine. I just have to remember not to leave any remotes where she can reach them.

Back