• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food for dwarf lop

hi everyone,

We have just had a female dwarf lop 10 weeks old called princess and what i would like to know is do we have to keep her on the junior nuggets or would it be ok to upgrade to the adult nuggets when she reaches adult age.

your help will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
When I got my dwarf polish at 8 weeks old, she was immediately upgraded to plain adult nuggets. At the pet shop, they were giving her half junior-half adult to get her changed onto the adult pellets for when she goes to her new home.

I honestly see no major problem. Just be careful of the brands and ingredients. It could upset her stomach ;)

I use Burgess rabbit pellets by the way.

hi everyone,

We have just had a female dwarf lop 10 weeks old called princess and what i would like to know is do we have to keep her on the junior nuggets or would it be ok to upgrade to the adult nuggets when she reaches adult age.

your help will be much appreciated.

Keep her on the food she has currently and slowly wean her across to the new food over a period of days/ a week. Slowly mixing in the new food will stop her from getting an upset tummy :)

Welcome btw :wave:

hay

Did her previous owners feed her hay? Hay is very important, and should mostly be what rabbits eat, with just a few pellets to supplement it. But obviously it isn't good to make sudden changes to a rabbit;s diet or gut problems can occur. Good luck.

Thank you all for your advice you are most helpful, will soon be adding a pic of her and our 7month old vienna white (name puddin) thats how we say it in Walsall.

Once again thankyou all.

Regards Ian

Back