• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice needed please...

Got up at about 9.30 and went to feed Lilly n Tilly tiger, Lilly started eating and Tilly just ran straight past her and the food and ran into the cardboard box:shock:.

This is totally not like Tilly, she is normally first on the scene when it comes to food. She sat in the box fo:shock:r 10mins then ran back to the cage (and past the food) and drank some water. She then ran back to the box and sat there, she started cleaning herself. I then hand fed her 5 pellets which she ate (she refused the 6th pellet). She sat there for another 10mins and then jumped up the the top level of the box, and started digging and ripping it playing like she always does, she now seems her normal self....just this second rich has put down some pellets and she woolfing them down.

What on earth does anyone think could have happened?. (im off to fill the car up with petrol just in case we need to go to the vets.

it could mean so many things, she might have been feeling a bit moody this morning

if she is now eating, just keep an eye on her to make sure she poos, and then i wouldnt worry, just keep an eye

if mine dont eat their pellets in the morning I usually get a little bit of their favorite treat, normally banana, and they always scoff that, if they didnt I would start to worry!

Got up at about 9.30 and went to feed Lilly n Tilly tiger, Lilly started eating and Tilly just ran straight past her and the food and ran into the cardboard box:shock:.

This is totally not like Tilly, she is normally first on the scene when it comes to food. She sat in the box fo:shock:r 10mins then ran back to the cage (and past the food) and drank some water. She then ran back to the box and sat there, she started cleaning herself. I then hand fed her 5 pellets which she ate (she refused the 6th pellet). She sat there for another 10mins and then jumped up the the top level of the box, and started digging and ripping it playing like she always does, she now seems her normal self....just this second rich has put down some pellets and she woolfing them down.

What on earth does anyone think could have happened?. (im off to fill the car up with petrol just in case we need to go to the vets.

I suspect a bit of gas giving her tummy pain and putting her off her food. Often a run around can move it a long and it resolves itself. The frustration and digging I have experienced before with a bun with tummy pain/gas and off their food. I would keep a close eye on her today - especially her droppings output. But atleast she is eating normally now. :)

I suspect a bit of gas giving her tummy pain and putting her off her food. Often a run around can move it a long and it resolves itself. The frustration and digging I have experienced before with a bun with tummy pain/gas and off their food. I would keep a close eye on her today - especially her droppings output. But atleast she is eating normally now. :)

:wave:. The worry my rabbits cause me is huge. She really shocked me she is normally first there for food, often barging her sister out the way. She is absolutly fine now eating hay and binkyin like nothing has happened- thankgod:D.

it could mean so many things, she might have been feeling a bit moody this morning

if she is now eating, just keep an eye on her to make sure she poos, and then i wouldnt worry, just keep an eye

if mine dont eat their pellets in the morning I usually get a little bit of their favorite treat, normally banana, and they always scoff that, if they didnt I would start to worry!

:wave: thankyou for the reply, i have never tried them on banana, will give that treat a try:)

they certainly know how to frighten us:roll:
very occasionally one of ours do that and i panic:lol:
but as soon as a treat comes out they eat it:lol:
i think they just think its fun to scare us!!!
glad shes feeling better now...

Back