• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grief and loneliness forged an alliance..of sorts

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
poor bertie last night mistook zuzu for her dead brother and wanted his hugs he always used to have with salem. bertie was so upset he followed zuzu trying no nuzzle her gently to lie down and snuggle up like he did with salem.

zuzu wasnt very undertstanding she ran off...bertie was stunend and sooo dejected.

we let merlin out n the whole lounge and we couldnt believe it......merlin an dbertie decided not to bother with each other..there were a fewlax pseudo lunge and grunt...then they just decided not to bother.
they arent cuddled up and buddy buddy oh no..BUT they have formed a weird alliance but only in the first 10 mins after bertie was so dejected.

merlins black and about two thirds the size of salem but even when salem was alive i could mix them both up:oops::lol:

bertie has allowed merlin to even use his litter tray....use his doggy steps....eat his fod..drink his water........the odd sniff and kinda acknowledgement..so weird.

last night bertie had fallen asleep and his food bowl was behind him..merlin lay across berties rump and ate some of bertoes food..bertie looked up saw it was melrin then went back to sleep!!!:shock:

bertie hadnt been too good to be honest...he has days where hes soooo sad and lonely. hes still grieving for bif and salem.

at one point today...bertie got in his litter tray and grunted at merlin to keep out....so i gave them both a rest and put merlin in his cage for a few hours.

merlins been eating berties food..he used to with bif...and half his food...he is like beloved bandit was...a dyson with no repurcussions!!

berties poops were a bit odd...hed been scoffing merlins wagg pellets without me relaising just how much hed got to:shock::shock:

so wagg pellets in the cage only..bertie can only fit his head in the door:lol:

ive got some food bags and im going to wean merlin off of his wagg pellets..maybe keep the remainder of the bag as a little topping:lol: then theyll both be on the allen and page.

i opened up my huge hay bale from dust free hay company...and put it inot the huge boxes with lids we have......so i had to sweep up a lot..and the fresh hay has them both nom nom nom

has anyone else experienced this sort of behaviour between two neuter bucks who usually bite each other even through the bars of merlins cage or the pen!!! they have an uneasy time int he garden but i usually follow them around.

i hope they keep this alliance up...its made zuzu happy jumping running and chasing merlin...and him chasing her..its the enarest thing shes got to her brother chasing her.

bertie knows hes not alone furrywise..hes got us hes got zuzu when shes in or downstairs...but merlins so hyper and nosey....so hes got furry company.

ok it must have been the day before...sorry being ill does my head in!

well merlins deffo not going back in his cage....wouldnt even go back in for his dinner...he has been eating berties instead:shock:
change a rabbits feed slowly...hes always nicking the allen and page pellets:oops:

i even caught him and bertie side by side asleep with about four inches of space in between them:love:

if this continues then id be very surprised...but its nice whilst it lasts.

of course it could be bonding theyre doing but it was so sudden:?

handy if they do..im going to be adopting hopefully in a month or so time..2 bonded girlies....perfect!:love:

Back