• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sisters rabbit passed away in his sleep :(

MiniMadTez

Mama Doe
My sisters gorgeous rabbit Thumper passed away in his sleep last night :cry:

I feel so sorry for my sister just now....she has had such a hard time lately, with a stalker, losing twins in a miscarriage, witnessing a bad car crash...
and just when she thought things were looking up, Thumper died :(
He was absolutely fine last night which is why she is finding it so hard to deal with.

Thumper has been staying at my mums as my sis couldn't keep him where she has been staying, but today she was collecting the keys for a new house she is renting and Thumper was to be getting his own room :cry:

Her boyfriend thought he was doing good and took home a gorgeous little black and white dutch bunny to her......she was scared that Thumper would feel like she was replacing him, especially so soon, but we have convinced her that he wouldn't think that.

Binky free Thumper xxxxx

15710392a2742887626b303107210l.jpg

Aww your sister has been through it Bless her sending her hugs, and so sorry about Thumper he was gorgeous

Run free at the Bridge handsome Thumper.

Give your sister our love, she must be feeling devestated.
Hopefully Thumper passed quickly and pain free, RIP little guy.
Now she can focus lots of love on this new bunny in memory of Thumper.

Poor Thumper. I'm so sorry for your sister, she's having such a tough time. Wishing her all the best. xxx

Your poor sister and poor Thumper - what a beautiful little face. :(

Bless her boyfriend - misguided, but very caring and thoughtful of him. Tell her Thumper wouldn't have wanted her to be sad and would be very happy that she is giving the new bunny the same love as he had when alive.

Is it possible to have a little 'funeral' for Thumper? A lot of people find that brings a lot of closure to losing a much loved companion animal.

Sorry about Thumper :(, and the awful time your poor sister has been having. Hope she can manage to love the new little bunny in Thumper's memory as others have said. :love:

Thanks everyone for your nice thoughts and words.

I sat and spoke to poor Thumper when I went round to my mums :cry: It was awful seeing him lying there dead instead of his usual self wanting non stop cuddles.
I have never known a rabbit to want cuddles so much, he would lie in my sisters arms for hours at a time loving the attention :love:

My sister was planning on a little 'funeral' for him today but I haven't heard from her if she has done anything.

Thanks again everyone :wave:

I'm so sorry for you and your sister - that photo of Thumper...what a beautiful sweet boy. I hope your sister is ok and can grow to love the new bunny as much as she did Thumper xxx

Binky free Thumper xx

Back