• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass v. Just Grass

silverrabbit

Mama Doe
Are these basically the same thing? I wanted to order a large 15kg bag of readigrass as I give a handful to all and sometimes more to the buns who dislike normal hay.

Just grass is £8.50 and readigrass is £11.50, so not loads of difference, and it sounds the same but don't want to give them something that's bad for them!

Just Grass is a bit shorter in length and a lot of mine aren't that fussed on it. but they all love Readigrass!

My lot have Just Grass cos its the only one available locally in big sack.. they always have their head in the pile when i give it to them :lol:

Not instead of, more as a treat hay on the side - especially for the bunnies who are fussy about hay and don't eat much of it, no matter what type I try. Seems to help the older ones keep condition too

Not instead of, more as a treat hay on the side - especially for the bunnies who are fussy about hay and don't eat much of it, no matter what type I try. Seems to help the older ones keep condition too

would you feed it to a bun that had access to fresh grass for most of the day?

I do, but not sure if that's what everone else does :) it's not something they get religiously every day if they've had plenty of grass but it's a good one to give to the buns who don't eat much hay and I want them to up their intake - I mix it in and they have fun foraging for it! I don't think a handful per bun does much harm even if they've had grass anyway. Now winter is coming and there will be less grass then i'll probs increase what they get, and give them grass i'll grow myself in my little greenhouse thingybob (which won't be as much as my garden can grow lol)

None of my buns like readigrass-not sure why - i ordered 15kg too- will give it another try- you just reminded me.

We have a very funny hay eater (Diddy). Would this sort of thing be good for him then? I thought if they have loads it is not too good for them?

We have a very funny hay eater (Diddy). Would this sort of thing be good for him then? I thought if they have loads it is not too good for them?

I only give mine a handful per bun, so it's like an extra treat. If you mix it in with the hay it might encourage him to eat it. Have you tried Green Oat Hay by Burns? it's yummytastic

Back