• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oooh my .. just taken in a headtilt bun from ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
a well known pet store :roll:
and its partener who has intermitent snuffles :(

I couldnt walk away and leave them there ...going against everything i say to people about paying for buns from petshops...i paid tp get them :?

they were in the adoption section ...

its the worst head tilt ive seen ..i couldnt come home and leave them ...:(

couldnt you have explained that they are ill and need medical attention, surely if they cared they wouldnt asked for money? Then again, theyre out to make money at the end of the day. i assume it was pets at home as they are the only well known pet shop that i know with a rehoming section (i hope i am allowed to say that? since its an assumption and you didnt mention any names).

Poor bunnies, sending vibes. At least they found you!

Poor little ones, I'm glad you have them Angie. And as you said they were in the adoption section, anyway even if not you couldn't leave them there in that state. I would have paid tobut knocked them down in price telling them about the future vet costs. Get well soon bunnies. Good luck Angie.

Aaaw bless. I rehomed Gemma from the PAH adoption section but gave a very, very small donation.

I probably couldn't have left the buns there either. I try not to look at the animals for adoption when I am in there as I know how tempted I get.

I am glad the buns you have rescued are both safe now and will get the care they need.

a well known pet store :roll:
and its partener who has intermitent snuffles :(

I couldnt walk away and leave them there ...going against everything i say to people about paying for buns from petshops...i paid tp get them :?

they were in the adoption section ...

its the worst head tilt ive seen ..i couldnt come home and leave them ...:(

well done for overcoming your own scruples and doing this - it was the best decision for the buns. I too have done this in the past.

If it's anything like the little head tilt bun we had stay here it's head was so far twisted round it was almost up it's bum and one eye dragged on the
floor :( I dont blame you at all for rescuing it from a probable certain death if it stayed where it was.

Last edited:
couldnt you have explained that they are ill and need medical attention, surely if they cared they wouldnt asked for money? Then again, theyre out to make money at the end of the day. i assume it was pets at home as they are the only well known pet shop that i know with a rehoming section (i hope i am allowed to say that? since its an assumption and you didnt mention any names).

Poor bunnies, sending vibes. At least they found you!

i did say i would take them but wouldnt pay for them ..

i explained who i was , which rescue i worked for and that we were a charity ..

i questioned them about the bun...and in all fairness they HAD taken them to the vet and both had had a 4 week course of panacur ..plus the other had had baytril for snuffles which seems to have cleared up ..

they insisted i would have to pay so i left my number and told them to ring if a home couldnt be found ..

i then went shopping but all i could think of was what if they went to someone who hadnt got a clue ..:(

so back i went ... the fella i had spoken to (interrigated :lol:) earlier went in the back and didnt come out ... i think he was hiding from me ;)...but i spoke to a young girl who was lovely and far more helpful and understanding .. i still had to pay but she agreed to me paying just £10 ...whereas he had said at least £20 . ;)

i would have taken them anyway though ...by that time id decided id just pay whatever as long as i didnt have to walk away without them :)

well done on rescuing them, the poor little things, id have worried to that someone with no idea could of taken them, they are in the best place now

OH Angie i dont blame you :( At least the money doesnt go to the store and does go to charities. I doubt i could have left them either like that. Am so glad you have them

just bumping this up so that anyone entering the fundraiser can find their story .

could someone put a link to this thread on the fundraiser thread please ..i cant seem to make it work :oops:
and the picture thread in stories and photos too ...please:)

Back