• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Cookie E.C bun

karen354

Warren Veteran
DSCF7751.jpg

Cookieillness216.jpg

Here's my little man :love: he's been so ill but thankfully the last few days we've seen improvements :D Yesterday he started to run around the garden, before then he lay down in his cage and rolled most of the time.
I really didn't think he was ever going to get through this E.C, we've cared for him the last 5 weeks like a newborn baby he couldn't even drink for himself.
Yesterday seemed to be the turning point for him when he started to run around :D he does have the head tilt but that's gone a bit better and his balance is much better :D

In one of the pics it shows him running :D

AWw thats so great to see :D
This is what happened with Mimi, one day she was rolling in her cage, the next she was running around (albe it very wobbly and wonky!)
After that she continued to make progress and a full recovery :D
Im so happy for both of you :love:

Bless him, so pleased he is on the mend. It must have made your day to see him able to run again. :love:

Dear Cookie Bun
I hope you are feeling much better. I am being treated for EC too but I don't think I caught it as bad as you. I have been keeping a diary in stories and photos. I responded well to my medicines and I never stopped eating, the Mommy is glad I was able to keep my strength up. Are you enjoying your Metacam?

Oxo

Aw :love:

I'm going through exactly the same with my Dominic (inner ear infection rather than EC though). We're at the same stage...running and digging and starting to eat normally again, but still with the wonky head

aww this made me very happy! so lovely to see a recovery story. One of ours had EC really badly, She is still a bit wobbly at times, but now she is charging around the garden, and jumping up on the furniture. I hope that your Cookie continues to progress too - its hard to believe they're running around when you think what state they were in isn't it!

Aww, he looks so cuddly. Well done for looking after him so well to get him through this, he is a lucky bunny to have you.

He's had another good day in the garden :D. When he's in his shed he:D doesn't seem quite as good :? he loses his balance more often.
He's been in the garden since 9am and is even beginning to climb :lol: he's getting a little devil .

Back