• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's amazing when a rabbit can cheer you up on a bad day, share your stories!

Zara

Mama Doe
I'd been having a bad day today, I've been crying in pain and sulking (I have endometriosis, and it's that time of the month, so I'm always in agony when I have my periods) and I'd also been a bit sniffly over Firefly, as I still miss him dearly. I began wondering if keeping rabbits was really worth all the heartbreak of losing them, but then Rascal came and joined me on the couch. He jumped on me knee and stretched out on my tummy, looking at me contentedly as I stroked his ears. He drifted off to sleep, happy and content on my tummy, and I felt much better, knowing me and my bunnies have such strong bonds, and that Rascal felt so safe with me (that and rabbits make brilliant hot-water bottles when they sleep on you, so my pain was easing off too :lol:)

It's moments like that that make me realise it's all worth it :love:

Share your stories of love and affection :love:

My bunnies constantly cheer me up, when I come home from work tired and irritated, I walk up the garden path, turn the corner, shout Murphy and he dashes to the wire of his enclosure and stands on his back legs, begging for a fuss ( and food, I am under no illusions):lol: Tilly and Peter are the same, their little faces and funny habits never fail to put a smile back on my face:love:

The thing that always makes me feel really blessed is Spenser washing his ears. He has uppy ears, so has to tilt his head all to one side, then lick his front paw and comb it down the temporarily drooping ear. Sometimes the ear pops up too quickly and he has to start all over again. He usually repeats the process immediately for his other ear. Ear-washing ALWAYS makes my heart melt. :love::love::love:

You have endometriosis? Me too. I can feel your pain. I take the pill continuously so I don't get my period and for the first time in my life since the age of 12 I now have enough iron in my blood.

I just love how bunnies chher me up and relax me when I'm nervous. I just cannot stay upset too long when Mango is giving me kisses and the rare times Maia relaxes enough to be stroked while she's flopped out, I feel blessed.
I wish they would sleep on my tummy! Rascal sounds like the friendliest bunny ever.

i always remember the day when my nana died and i was obviously very upset. i came home and let the bunnies out in the snow and they were so playful. i made a little snowman and my angle bunny Siouxsie came along and pinched his carrot nose and ran off with it. it made me laugh which on a day like that really helped me. they oftem do things to make me smile when i have had a bad day and it makes me realise just how happy they make me!

Very recently I was having a very bad day with my ED. Just feeling worthless etc etc. I was lying on the bed in absolute hysterics and she just jumped on the bed, sat on the side of my face and started to groom my hair before binkying off my head back onto the bed. I immediatly smiled and didnt stop smiling for the rest of the day! :love:

She does little things like that often! :):love:

Animals are a tonic, they always seem to love life and make the best of everything, it would be a very sad life without animals in my opinion.

I had a really bad bout of depression last year. I had to leave my job and all sorts of other horrible things happened. At the same time Grimlock got the abscesses under his incisors in his jaw. I had to hand feed him, inject him at home, give him his pain killers. I had to do it. I had to get up in the morning for him. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have got up, I wouldn't have had the motivation. He helped me though my depression and I helped him through his illness. We saved each other. :)

My buns ALWAYS bring a smile to my face, no matter how upset i am.
When my bridge bun Tilly died in January of this year i was in pieces, completely distraught. The only thing that got me through it was my Timmy. He was grieving for her too and we'd lie on the floor together for hours. Hed groom my hair and binky about making me laugh. It felt like he was making me smile when i thought id never smile again. Hes my sweet prince :love:

I have had a really rough time lately but my buns like Jenova above made me get up and carry on with life...

Just today the buns made me smile - I was cleaning the shed and I had scattered their pellets in the run to keep them in there while I tidied but Sooty (who I have a close bond with- i have had her since 4 weeks old) saw me, shot through the cat flap, left the pellets :shock:, caught me unawares jumped on my back and licked my ear - really made me smile... for a bun to leave food to come and see you it must be love :love:

They really are more than 'just rabbits' they are great listeners too!

When I first was struggling with depression and the constant battle to end my life I decided randomly to get a rabbit as a last resort. Subconsciously I knew that I would never ever be able to leave something that needed me as much as I needed them, they needed me to feed them, to clean and love. After the 1st second I fell in love with him. :love:Pierre is the sole reason I am here and have recovered from my depression. When I have relapses and times where I struggle Pierre is always on the bed next to me. I once had my medical box next to me on the bed which contained pills, razors etc and Pierre pushed it off the bed with his nose and just laid down in front of me as if to say: "No mummy, not today, not ever, I'm here". His pooing face and mischevious ways always make me smile when im down :D

Had been abroad working .Use to enjoy it but now hate it .Missed the family but missed the buns just as much as they are part of the family.Got home mid morning all at school or work.But i got a great greeting from the rabbits.Ran up and down the run and got groomed on my face.They were just as happy as i was to see them.Makes the coming home so much sweeter.:love:

Back