• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit floppin over question

Just wondering has anyone had there rabbit chuck themselves (flop over) on there side whilst stroking them?
Mylo did this the other day and he made me jump!

my 4 do it alll the time, really randomly lol they go flopp onto there side lol

it took me by suprise cos hes never done it before, he normally does it near his cage but as soon as he hears any movement he shoots up. He must have been really relaxed and enjoyin himself!

yes!!! it does worry you when you first see them do it, it looks like they've collasped. I used to panic and sit staring at them for ages to check they were ok and they would put their heads up, look at me as if to say, go away I am just chillin!!!:lol:

Well, I'm not an expert, but it sounds like he was paying you a compliment by doing a happy-flop while being stroked. My lad usually does it after or in between binky sessions, but sometimes if he is really pleased to see me he does it when I approach the hutch. :love:

Yep both mine do it gracie does it so violently sometimes it makes me hold my breath, how she hasnt hurt herself is anyones guess.

Charlie is a bit more dainty when he does it, bless him. xxx

Yes me too i thought gracie had died once she is so ungraceful when she flops and i called her grace :lol: :lol: xx

I take it she is not very lady like then! :D

Mylo is a boy so he just doesnt care, one thing i have noticed when he flops over it looks like he is talkin at first, do yours do that?

I take it she is not very lady like then! :D

Mylo is a boy so he just doesnt care, one thing i have noticed when he flops over it looks like he is talkin at first, do yours do that?

She is def not ladylike shes a horror!
gracie sort of slings herself on her side then sort of moves her mouth as though shes got something in between her teeth :lol: xxx

Back