• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fire :( - Advice please...

Theres a massive fire thats been going since last night. It's about half a mile if that from my house. I could see the flames from the garden last night. It's still billowing with smoke. I'm worried about my animals if the wind changes and starts blowing the smoke this way. I don't have enough indoor cages to bring them all inside. I brought Moo in last night as she has respy problems anyway.

Can I have some vibes to stop the wind changing?!

http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk...ents_evacuated_during_huge_fire/#commentsList

Last edited:
How is it looking (and smelling!) now? Have your animals reacted at all? Hopefully it will be dying down by now. :wave:

It's still on fire... and the winds changed so I can now smell it in my garden. I've got 2 rabbits and 3 guineas inside, but theres still 4 rabbits and 6 guineas outside.

I've covered up the fronts of the hutches as much as I can with blankets, bed sheets or duvet covers to try and keep the smoke out. . . They'll be ok right??

Thinking of you - and them! Here's hoping the wind changes in the right direction soon. Do the outdoor furries seem upset?

Thinking of you - and them! Here's hoping the wind changes in the right direction soon. Do the outdoor furries seem upset?

No not really, they are thumping more than usual. I keep popping out to check. I can't work out if someone is sneezing or my over paranoid brain is imagining it.

It's died out now, thank goodness, have taken all the sheets and stuff down and they stink but every bunny and piglet seems ok. They will be straight to the vets if I notice anything. Is there anything in particualr I should be looking out for? Other than sneezing?

Thank you so much for your support susie bun and Silverrabbit :love:

Glad the fire has died down. I'm afraid I'm a very new bunny mummy (got Spenser just this April) so not sure how the smoke/stress would show up. Hope your outdoor furries are OK today. :wave:

Any illness in animals tends to be accompanied by a lack of eating, so I think as long as everyone is eating, they're ok.

Smoke would cause breathing issues like wheezing and sore throats, I'm not sure sneezing would be related to smoke inhalation.

xxx

Back