• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you say this is enough space?

Is 16ft x 16ft enough space for 8 rabbits?

• Total voters

Starlight

Warren Veteran
At the moment, my 5 girls have a 16ft x 4ft dog kennel.
When the 7 last rescue buns have gone to their home, the plan is to bond the permanent trio (who can not be rehomed due to ongoing issues) into my 5 girls so they will all live in the same part of the garden (bottom patio) So there will be 8 rabbits.

I also plan to add an aviary to the kennel over the remainder of the patio, making their space 16ft x 16ft.

Would you say this is a big enough space for 8 rabbits?

Yes!!

My 6 are in a 14ftx6ft which is going to expand to 19ftx6ft in the spring. They also play in the garden which is another 16ftx8ft for about 4 hours a day.

But I would have thought that the smaller sizes would be enough to keep them going on, especially whilst they are still bonding. Do your guys get outside accesss too?

I would say its enough room my bonded group what used to be a six had a 8 by 6 shed and a attached 8ft by 10 foot run and they were more than enough room for a few more

They get grass access when someone is in the garden, as there are foxes around everywhere here :(

What mesh grading would be secure enough? The kennel is VERY solid, would an aviary be as solid and fox proof as that?

I get very paranoid about predators in the garden as people who have seen how I barricade the bunnies at night will tell you!

Back