• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

trip to watership down

vick

Alpha Buck
These are a few photos I took of our visit to Watership Down last week. We followed the Nuthanger Walk which took us to Nuthanger Farm where we then veered off towards the down. We also found the great beech tree where some years ago people had carved the names of the Watership bunnies. The main reason for going though was to scatter some of Benny's ashes there, I think he would have liked that.

Nuthanger Farm
DSCF8580.jpg

Watership Down
DSCF8591.jpg

the pylon line from the book?
DSCF8610.jpg

anyone home?!
DSCF8616.jpg

the Great Beech tree (or what's left of it after a lightning strike)
DSCF8650.jpg

Hazel, Pipkin, Silver and Fiver's names
DSCF8621.jpg

Bigwig's name (the 'B' is missing)
DSCF8626.jpg

view from the top of the down
DSCF8618.jpg

another view of the down
DSCF8722.jpg

What lovely photos of a beautiful peaceful place.
It's lovely to see the real countryside where the story took place.

Thank you. that's lovely.

Aww I'd love to go there but I live so far away I suspect I never will! thanks for the pics it's lovley to see!

I'm pathetic - I have the book but have never managed to bring myself to read it as I just know it is SAD.

I'm pathetic - I have the book but have never managed to bring myself to read it as I just know it is SAD.

I've just started to read it again, I last read it years ago and am enjoying it more this time around.

Mark keeps humming Bright Eyes since we came back and I have to tell him to stop as it reminds me of that sad part of the film and makes me cry!!

Brilliant pics, er. where is Watership down then? :wave: I've read the book, so perhaps I should know. :oops:

It's close to a little village called Ecchinswell in Hampshire, a really pretty part of the UK.

It's close to a little village called Ecchinswell in Hampshire, a really pretty part of the UK.

Thanks! :wave: I knew it would be quite far from where I am. I might reread the book, but think I would find it even sadder now that I have my own rabbit.

I'd love to go! Would have to read the book and the sequel first though, get me in the mood :lol:

Back