• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catflaps

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Do buns get the concept easily of useing one?
They live in our double garage and have all of it but during the day they can come into the kitchen and dining room. I was thinking of getting one to allow them to come and go as they please but before I start cutting holes out of my door what are peoples experiences with them?

We have a dog flap in our conservatory which all 3 of my buns have figured out how to use easily enough - you know how bunnies are for nosing about trying to get into places!!! I'm sure they'll have no problem at all.

Mine got the hang of it really quickly aswell, I do pin it open though because I think the noise is a bit annoying and mine swings back so I was worried about one of them getting bopped in the face following the other through :wave:

Do buns get the concept easily of useing one?
They live in our double garage and have all of it but during the day they can come into the kitchen and dining room. I was thinking of getting one to allow them to come and go as they please but before I start cutting holes out of my door what are peoples experiences with them?

They understand VERY QUICKLY! Mine watched my cats use it a few times and, wham, they were in and out like .... Unfortunately, it meant that when they were free ranging they would come in and eat the cats' dried food, run upstairs and hide under the bed, eat cables, carpets etc - when I thought they were out having a lovely time in my enclosed garden!

:wave: Agree with the others, our 3 got the hang of them very quickly. One opens it with is head, one goes front paws and not sure what Cass does as she has only just started using one.:oops:

Back