• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy-Boo at the vets this morning - it's EC :(

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Something's not quite right, but I can't quite put my finger on it. She seems to have a very slight head tilt to the right, and seems not to be able to find their fresh food sometimes. She nibbled my finger rather than the brocoli yesterday morning, which she's never done before.
Other than that she's behaving completely normally, but I though it best to have her checked out.
She's not going to be happy with me this afternoon!

Last edited:
Thank you, will let you know if she's a good girl!
She looks and acts right as rain this morning, but she's going!
It's about time I had a catch up with our vet anyway, not seen her for a few months.

It's EC, so the vet has put her on a course of Lapizole, and I'm to treat the other bunnies too - not fun!
Daisy-Boo has also been given a steroid injection to help her.
Bother :(

I'm sorry to hear your special girl has EC :(, and wish her (and you!) well with the treatment. Hope your other bunnies prove to be OK. :wave:

My bunny Ruby had EC it left her with hind limb weakness. It can't be cured but it can be managed. Unfortunately any damage it does intially is irreversible. Ruby had treatment for 28 days then every three months for 9 days to keep it under control.
She had good days and bad days at times I thought she wouldn't make it but she was extremely resiliant and adapted. She found some floors hard to manage as her back legs would splay out especially on vinyl or laminate, however very quickly she learnt to cope and would bomb around and even learnt to binky again something she couldn't do for months.
Sadly we lost Rubes in June after an op to remove a lump. There was no apparant reason but it was within 24 hours of having the op so whether the EC made her weaker than a 'normal' bun I don't know :cry:

There seems to be a lot of EC around :(

Oxo is currently being treated for EC and is doing really well. He is keeping a diary in stories and photos.

Hope your little one gets well soon, it sounds like you have caught it early anyway I don't know if this makes a difference?

Oh dear, sorry to hear it is active EC. I think once the steroid wears off some daily NSAID's would be helpful to maintain an anti-inflammatory in the system whilst she is on the course of Lapizole. Hope she feels better soon x

Thanks everyone. Looking at her in the run, you can't actually tell that anything's amiss, so I'm hoping there's been no lasting damage and that we can manage it well.
She has a very slight head tilt, and the vet turned her front feet under (if that makes sense) and she kept them like that rather than putting them back down flat, and apparently that is a sign of EC too.
I guess I'm going to have to read up about it, as this is something I have no experience of. :(

Hope she continues to improve Wesley had this not long after I got him and he's had no problems since touchwood so hoping for a good recovery for Daisy-Boo.

I'm glad Wesley recovered well. Daisy is just the same this morning, nomming her broccoli quite happily!

Back