• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you go through hay?

How long does a bale or equivalent last you?

• 2 weeks or under

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 3-6 weeks

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 7-10 weeks

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 11-16 weeks (up to 4 months)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17 - 24 weeks (up to 6 months)

• 6 months +

• Total voters

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Another question, sorry!

I was just thinking the other day that we are going through hay really quickly lately - Noah seems to eat so much (I have to refill hayrack multiple times a day). I buy by the bale and it seems to last 5 weeks atm, between 2 buns and 5 guinea pigs.

Will add another poll!

I get the gigantic mahosive bales from the farmer next door. Tbh I have no idea as they end up shareing it with the horses as it's kept in a big secure barn as nowere else to keep it. They get topped up quite a few tines during the day in there racks. Then litter tray and there hutch as a hideaway is full of it.

the 21kg bale that i get from pet express lasts about a month.

the larger sized bales that Stes mom sent for me a few times lasted about 6-7 weeks.

i only have two bunnies

a farm bale lasts me about ten days between 20 rabbits but just to confuse the issue they also get 'fancy' hay too (herbal hay etc).

A bale lasts me around 2 weeks for 12 buns.

I reckon BB eats around a quarter of a bale on her own though - she lives constantly on top of a pile of hay that she concentrates on turning into golden poops:D

I'm not sure at the moment as I've only just found somewhere which supplies hay but I'll let you know when it's all gone :wave:

A farm bale probably lasts me about 1 1/2 to 2 months. Probably less now that these buns have to have more hay and less veg than G &T did.

Can't vote, but didn't want to view and not post. I just have the one bunny, so buy packets of compressed hay. :wave:

i get tescos meadow hay, i had been getting the small bags but thought why don't i buy the biggest bag and save £1 a time

A bale lasts me 2-3 weeks with 2 rabbits. But I don't just use it for feeding, it's for bedding too, due to Molly's sore hocks, so we go through a slice of hay every 2-3 days.

Back