• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thoughts from rescues and adopters?

Thoughts from rescues and adopters

• Rescues - appreciate updates

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Rescues - dont appreciate updates

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Adopters - send updates

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Adopters - dont send updates

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
As a rescue, do you appreciate updates on adopted animals or are they a "hassle"?

As an adopter, do you send regular updates to the rescues?

I sent Noah's rescue an email a month and a half a go with an update picture - and would love to send another update, but don't want to be annoying. I know they are incredibly busy and have a lot of buns in at the moment, so was just wondering whether or not I would just be a nuisance.

I will add a poll.

I keep regular contact with the lady i adopted Mimi from, a wonderful woman who runs a sanctuary in Switzerland called The Hill of Rabbits (translated.)
She LOVED to hear updates of Mimi and sometimes if i havent emailed her in afew weeks she'll email me to ask how they are :D She says what she does is thankless and emotionally draining alot of the time and it keeps her going to hear lovely success stories and pics of the buns shes rescued, like my Mimi who was on the verge of bring PTS :evil: but is now an extremely happy and loving girl :). She says she draws strength from these happy bunny stories among so many sad ones.
Ill be interested to see if other rescues feel the same :wave:

i try to keep Lou up to date on Holly (and Pearl before her) but i know shes so busy i don't like to phone and get in the way of the bunny and piggy care.

altho i post so much on here updates are there for all to see anyhows :oops::oops::oops:

i will be sending pics of our new home just to make sure shes happy where Holly (and Alvin even tho hes not one of hers :lol::lol:) are moving to.

The place i got Alvin from i thought was a sanctuary but i think i was wrong :oops: never replied to the update i sent so i never tried to contact them again, shortly after the website disappeared so i guess they had sold all the babies :roll:

I'm not a rescue, but when I rehomed some baby bunnies, I got updates from two ladies who took some, and it was so nice to see them being so well looked after. I was worried about them, but after hearing and seeing photos of them I knew they were in brilliant homes.

And when I got my guinea pig Moxie, he had been born from an accidental litter and the family that gave him to me had young kids, so I thought they'd like to know how he was getting on. So I sent them photos of him with his new friends in his new house and they were so happy to know he was doing well and to see him getting so big. :)

I sent the RSPCA an email update about Cloud when I first bought her home. Then I sent another when I bonded her to Barley. And another about their playhouse when I'd built it... I never received a reply to any of them. I'd like to think that they have received them and haven't replied because they're busy but I think I might just send an update letter with a photo in and see if it gets stuck on the pet picture wall!

I don't mind them not emailing back so long as someone over there is pleased to read them. I just feel I'd be more satisfied that they're happy if they put her picture on the pet wall. :oops::lol: Not replying makes me feel asthough I've done something wrong. :(

My bunnies are from honeybunny and Bunnymadhouse on here so I post pictures regularly of the buns for all to see!

I've wondered the same thing - if rescues are too busy to read my update waffle and think I'm a nuisance - but I still send it anyway!

I think it is appreciated. I know it's different but when one of my cats had kittens I gave two to my best friend and I love seeing them again and speaking to them on the 'phone (I get purrs:))

Thanks for the response so far :)

Another question may then be; how often is too often and how often do you update the rescue? I keep trying to draw it out to 2 months between emails, as I really don't want to be a bother. :oops:

I think emails are fine, as they can be looked at whenever the rescue has a spare moment. Telephone calls might be a pain, as rescues get so many phone calls.
I'm sure they're happy to know that they've found a great home for the bunnies.d

We love to get updates on our past Hopper Haven residents:love:

We see quite a few again when they come to us for boarding, and I love seeing some of the ones I've fostered previously, and now living with their new partners:love:

The book that Donna sent to Lou (of Pearl) is lovely, and is something that will be treasured:love:

When I was with the RSPCA I did post adoption visits so got an update that way, but often adopters would contact me and let me know how things are and how bunnies are. I'm genuinely interested and do care how they are all getting on (especially those I have fostered) and love, love, LOVE updates.

One of the people who took one of Kri's foster babies updates me every week on new improvements with them and stuff and its great to hear them doing so well.

I also provided an 'outreach' service so when things are rough for a family they can contact me too and I'll help if I can (like if a bunny is ill, the bonding isn't working, a bunny has died, or whatever).

well im not a rescue. But as a breeder I really do love updates:love:
I love hearing how my little ones are doing and always reply. I dont mind how often i get them:lol:

I have rehomed a few buns and I love having updates, some rescues may be too busy to have time to reply but I guarantee they appreciate the updates :wave:

I update the person I adopted mine from, not that often, but if I have some nice pictures I will send them to her and I know she appreciates it :D

I love receiving updates. Most of my updates are in person as so many buns that I have rehomed come back to see me now and again or I have become friends with their new parents so chat by e-mail or FB. In fact of all 6 groups of buns here today for their holidays - all are either adopted from me, or adopted from ARC and I bonded them. I love it.

I voted 'send updates' but didn't get a reply to the last one so am hesitant about sending any more. :? I adopted privately - the lady didn't really want to let her bunnies go, but her health meant that she felt it was in Spenser's best interests.

I keep in contact with Blues people via email and seeing them too. If they haven't heard from me for a week they always email or call. They get 100s of pics. I rescued Honey from a man who wanted rid at 5weeks old, I don't speak to him for various reasons but a girl who has a litter mate of honeys we email updates on how the others doing.
Bracken is a private rescue but a sad situation for the man so I always email him updates and pictures.
I use to email the rescue Bramble and mousse were from and they were both extreamly happy I did.
I normally email once every 2months or if something important has happened good or bad

At Fat Fluffs we LOVE to get updates abt our buns especially if there are photos! Pls don't hesitate to send an update abt your buns - on bad days it's the success stories that keep the rescues positive and running :)

When I adopted Munchie I sent the rescue an update, I also let them know when he died.
With my other two buns Bully & Larmee, I got them from the free ads. I got the impression they were just glad to be rid of the buns so I never bothered to make contact again.

Back