• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why am i ordering dustfreehay every two weeks!!

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
it seems to be running out quicker and i don't feel like i'm feeding more than normal.. :?

i get the 10 bale and am ordering that every two weeks... :roll:

how long does everyone elses last? mine is for two buns and two piggles.. :shock:

i can't use hayracks either because they hate them so all the hay is in the litter trays and just on the piggies cage floor.. i do top it up alot but always have done, and the stalky is awful at the minute, all in bits, so bisc and matt just trample on it, and i get worried they aren't eating enough so i do top up loads, but not more than normal...

i noticed on the website it used to say 'at least 2kg..' now is says 'around 2kg..' so maybe less is in each bag..

costing me a fortune anyway!! and i can't use other hay as their main hay! :roll:

I used to use it and get 5 bales and it only lasted about a month but I have 6 for it to go round. I use West Wales Willows and get two huge boxes now which last about 2 months.

Forgot to add I use farm hay but can only get it in small bags so get about 9 bags which they love just as much.

Last edited:
I just had a look at my paypal account to work it out.

I buy a 10bale roughly every two and a half months and it does my two and my cousins single bun.

This is my two's main hay. They get treat hay too, but i do use this the most. Both my cousin and I put the hay in the litter trays only.

I buy a 10 bale about once every 6 weeks, and that's for 5 buns.
They do have hayracks though, and some in litter trays, and I top up fresh twice a day, but only a bunny sized portion each.

If you are using it in litter trays have you thought about using a cheaper hay as a base? I put a layer of megazorb, then a layer of cheap hay then I put the hay they like to eat on top of that.

What is a 10 bale? We get a bale from the local farm shop and it breaks down into about 8 large bin bags and lasts for a couple of months. They have new season's hay in stock now so it is as good as the special hays that we have been supplementing the previous bales with.:D

Why can't you use an alternative hay - does it have to be DF?

I used to spend an absolute bomb on DF and timothy hay (to the tune of nearly £500 a year) til I decided to be a strict mommy and convert them all to farm hay,which they all took to surprisingly easily.

they are respiratory bunnies so only the dfh is ok for them, we tried farm hay and it made their breathing really bad.. they have treat hays aswell but not much because again, they make them sneeze more.

the piggies have had cheap hay before but it made chesney sneeze, he is a very hayfevery piggy..

dan says i give bisc and matt too much, but i don't think i do... and they only have it in their trays, and because they don't have pellets, and can't have much veg due to it setting their tummies off, they obv eat alot of hay instead.. so maybe it's about right then.. :?

the pigs have hay in about a quarter of their cage to burrow in which they love doing, and i do change that every day, and the buns two large litter trays i change once a day aswell....

i used to order it every 4 weeks, then every 3, and now it's about 2! i think lately because they both got spurs not long ago, i worried and made sure they were eating loads and loads of hay... :)

costing me a fortune though, because they get dried herbs aswell, treat hays, and because they can only have fresh herbs as their veg, we buy loads of them a week... (need to try growing them again and hope they don't die this time! :oops:)

I used to use it and get 5 bales and it only lasted about a month but I have 6 for it to go round. I use West Wales Willows and get two huge boxes now which last about 2 months.

Forgot to add I use farm hay but can only get it in small bags so get about 9 bags which they love just as much.

Blimey! I only have two buns and get through two of the WWW large boxes in 6-8 weeks! :shock:
What a greedy pair I have :lol:

bisc and matt weren't impressed with the willow warren hay... matt ate some because he will eat anything, he isn't fussy... but sir bisc was not amused.. :lol:

What is a 10 bale? We get a bale from the local farm shop and it breaks down into about 8 large bin bags and lasts for a couple of months. They have new season's hay in stock now so it is as good as the special hays that we have been supplementing the previous bales with.:D

the bales are bags of about 2kg.. :)

Have you considered trying the pet shop version of Dust Free Hay, works out quite a bit cheaper than the hessian sacks. If you would like a free sample to try I can gladly send you some to see if they like it.

Back