• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bouncing Bunnies Batman!!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Benson is not pleased with me since I confiscated his yellow stool.

Opened the shed today to clean out and the top of their play hutch looked all messy, what's left of the hay bale was scattered on the top and a box was knocked over. Couldn't think what could have done it until Benson got on his stool and leapt with ease on top of hutch!! I didn't think he could do that!! Then I watched with fear and dread as he jumped down again.

It looked like if he jumped wrong he could hurt his back so I have taken his stool off him.

Any ideas for adding bunny levels to a shed that would be safe for him to play on - he seems to like being up high but I'm scared he could hurt himself. Lola is happy to stay on the floor! She's a little lady. :)

I think you're right to be careful, Zero threw himself over his run the other day and broke/dislocated his toe :( now he might need it amputating :(. Gradual levels sound like a good idea, Blackberry's mum could knock you some up in 10 minutes I'm sure ;):lol:

Buttercup demonstrates his safety rail!

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010121.jpg

I think you're right to be careful, Zero threw himself over his run the other day and broke/dislocated his toe :( now he might need it amputating :(. Gradual levels sound like a good idea, Blackberry's mum could knock you some up in 10 minutes I'm sure ;):lol:

Oh poor Zero! How is he?

I know she could but APPARENTLY she is having a REST this weekend! :roll: I'd get my mum to help but since I reversed over her, her knees aren't what they used to be!! :shock:

Oh poor Zero! How is he?

I know she could but APPARENTLY she is having a REST this weekend! :roll: I'd get my mum to help but since I reversed over her, her knees aren't what they used to be!! :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm so sorry, but I still laugh every time you mention this :oops::oops::oops:

Oh poor Zero! How is he?

how rude :roll: ah you should have thought about that before you reversed her over :shock:

he is not bad, I'm giving it a chance to see if it heals before I book him in for an amputation although vet wanted to do it straight away.

how rude :roll: ah you should have thought about that before you reversed her over :shock:

he is not bad, I'm giving it a chance to see if it heals before I book him in for an amputation although vet wanted to do it straight away.

Aww, the wee man! I hope he's not in too much pain. Hopefully it will heal for him.

Can I please come and live in this hutch??? I promise I won't be too much trouble!

Since this photo every bit of wood had had some nibbles, they've peed on the top of the striped blue bedroom downstairs, and there's hay everywhere!:lol:

ETA: Oh, and the red carpet is dark grey with fur, despite being brushed every day :lol:

Spenser doesn't have a safety rail, but he has sort of step things on his ramp, and tends to take his time.:wave: My friend's rabbit (mini-lop) has a safety ramp in his summer hutch, but jumps over it half-way down! How big is Benson. I'm wondering if jumping on stools is more a small bunny thing as Spenser has never, ever jumped on his stool. He tries to get under it though, silly boy! :lol::lol::lol:

Spenser doesn't have a safety rail, but he has sort of step things on his ramp, and tends to take his time.:wave: My friend's rabbit (mini-lop) has a safety ramp in his summer hutch, but jumps over it half-way down! How big is Benson. I'm wondering if jumping on stools is more a small bunny thing as Spenser has never, ever jumped on his stool. He tries to get under it though, silly boy! :lol::lol::lol:

Benson is a mini lop who'll try anything!!

Benson is a mini lop who'll try anything!!

My friend's mini-lop is quite a character. They nearly lost him last Saturday night. He managed to escape from his hutch-run arrangement and was inadvertently shut out of his hutch when it was secured for the night. He was returned by a wee boy at the door on Sunday morning! I still find my heart going pitter-patter at the thought.

Back