• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New foster bun - Cookie

molly35

Mama Doe
004.jpg

My new foster bun Cookie. She is an interesting bun to say the least. Likes to bite, lunge etc. Took me a few days to even get her to come near me. Now I can stroke her (always ready to dodge bites though). So she is improving, very slowly but improving. I do actually really like her even though the bites hurt!!! I'm trying my best with her cause I really want her to go to a lovely home where she will be loved and cared for properly.

So if anyone has a very calm, easy to handle little boy bun who wants a wife I think she just needs someone with time and patience.

Aww, well she is certainly gorgeous. What a great job you are doing with her. I will be looking for a wifey bun for Bruce who is now a house bunny due to my own stupidity and a falling out with his brothers as soon as I move, he is lonely, I showed him Cookie and he wants her. (If she dont get snapped up that is as it may take me a while but the house is on the market)

Angela

I think Cookie has just been cooped up in a tiny hutch and never handled. She absolutely loved it when I let her freerange in the yard the other day, she scoured every corner of it. I just think she is nervous due to the lack of handling. I was over the moon when she let me stroke her for the first time. Next hurdle is picking her up but I think I'll wait another week or two before I attempt that:roll:

That's interesting about the handling - lack of. I adopted my rabbit Spenser at 7 months. He was well cared for, but rehomed due to his previous owner's poor health. I suspect he wasn't handled much as a youngster, because he really HATES being picked up. He does like human company and attention, but only with all four paws very firmly on the ground!

I think Cookie has just been cooped up in a tiny hutch and never handled. She absolutely loved it when I let her freerange in the yard the other day, she scoured every corner of it. I just think she is nervous due to the lack of handling. I was over the moon when she let me stroke her for the first time. Next hurdle is picking her up but I think I'll wait another week or two before I attempt that:roll:

Awwww is she neutered Molly? I think the free range on a regular routine basis will help definately. It took me a long time to pick up my adopted doe Ness who was hormonal though aswell because unspayed, I sat on the floor a lot of times and picked her up onto my lap and let her jump off after a treat before going for the pick up to cuddle, I waited till she didn't jump off my lap if you see what I mean even though she could. That told me she trusted me, I hope she finds a good home where someone is experienced and has time to bond with her and let her have lots of space she is beautiful.:love:

Yes she's been neutered. She's started coming out to see me when she hears the back door open which is also a good sign as she wouldn't leave her hutch at first. She's out in the garden today munching grass:D

Back