• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable sanctuary name?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Seeing as I'm trying to set up a website for the bunnies I think a good place to start would be a name.

I'm thinking of 'Wilford Rabbit Refuge'.

The biggest problem I can think of with this name is that by putting the name of the place where I live, people might find me and dump rabbits on my doorstep.

Note that I'm totally self-funded and not open to the public at any point, so I don't need people to know where I am...so would I be better using a different name...maybe just 'Rabbit Refuge'?

i didnt realise you was a sanctuary :oops::oops:

no idea on a name but i just wanted to say.. lucky bunnies who find you :love::love:

Seeing as I'm trying to set up a website for the bunnies I think a good place to start would be a name.

I'm thinking of 'Wilford Rabbit Refuge'.

The biggest problem I can think of with this name is that by putting the name of the place where I live, people might find me and dump rabbits on my doorstep.

Note that I'm totally self-funded and not open to the public at any point, so I don't need people to know where I am...so would I be better using a different name...maybe just 'Rabbit Refuge'?

Perhaps add the name of a loved bun to prefix it? E.g - Biscuits Rabbit Refuge? (i know, Biscuit doesn't work, but was just trying to give an example)

:)

Hooray..about time you went official and hopefully get some help with costs of all the bunnies you take in :)

I'd miss off the name of your town

Happy Endings Rabbit Refuge

or after one of your own buns...
Such as
Ferris Rabbit Rescue
Dixie Rabbit Rescue
??

Edited to say I wouldn't use Shitt*y as a prefix name of I were you!:lol:
( for those that don't know it was a name of one of Amy's bunnies:lol:)

i didnt realise you was a sanctuary :oops::oops:

no idea on a name but i just wanted to say.. lucky bunnies who find you :love::love:

I'm not a sanctuary as such...I just seem to have collected a load of sanctuary case bunnies.

I do take in rabbits quite regularly, but rarely post about them on here...mainly because I don't often have use of a camera to take nice photos for people to see.

Hooray..about time you went official and hopefully get some help with costs of all the bunnies you take in :)

I'd miss off the name of your town

Happy Endings Rabbit Refuge

or after one of your own buns...
Such as
Ferris Rabbit Rescue
Dixie Rabbit Rescue
??

I don't really want to become too official because I get asked to take enough rabbits as it is, so don't really want to be high profile

If I were to name it after one of the rabbits, it would have to be Sh*tty (my real heart bunny), but not sure Sh*tty's Rabbit Refuge would be suitable! :lol:

I'd edited my post as you were posting about Shitt*y:lol:

no don't go too official but I'm sure you could do with some support...

Just go for first name in your siggy

so Abby Rabbit Refuge

sounds fine..no one can locate you and easy to remember:D

I think it's a fantastic idea. If you set up a sponsorship scheme, I'd very much like to sponsor Perry, plus make a donation towards any further dental treatment he will need.

I think it's a fantastic idea. If you set up a sponsorship scheme, I'd very much like to sponsor Perry, plus make a donation towards any further dental treatment he will need.

Wow, thank you...that's a wonderful offer! :D

I'm not sure when everything will be up and running (I spend half my life at work and the other half looking after the rabbits :lol: ) but will let you know

We picked a name that was extended from our house name, and it became Halfpenny Farm, so how about something like Bill's Crossing rabbit sanctuary. Wil becomes Bill and a ford is a river crossing.:D

We picked a name that was extended from our house name, and it became Halfpenny Farm, so how about something like Bill's Crossing rabbit sanctuary. Wil becomes Bill and a ford is a river crossing.:D

I think there's already a Rabbit Crossing rescue.

TBH nobody in Nottingham actually seems to know where Wilford is anyway (it's mostly a no-through road), so probably rather unlikely that they would find their way here :lol:

Or something like

Eden/ paradise/ Arcadia/ Xanadu/ Shangri la/ Utopia

I put them in google for synonyms and it says 'pie in the sky' I somehow don't think that would work :lol:

Back