• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spot Has Gone to the Rainbow Bridge

Diablo_23

New Kit
Sadly, Spot passed from this life on 6 September 2010. I suspect congenital heaert defect. She was eating normally and getting somewhat over her shyness. The4n on Monday she simply went limp and fell on her side. There wasn't a single breath from her and all attempts to revive her failed.
At least I know she didn't die in pain, but I miss her so much...
Sadly, Coffee is devastated. She keeps leaving the hutch and hopping around the apartment, searching in vain for Spot, and her grief is manifest in the fact that she barely eats. She eats enough to stay alive and sips her water, but her once voracious appetite for vegs and treats is gone.
How can I help her?

Oh no, I am sorry. :cry: Honestly, I think the best thing to do would be to bond Coffee with a new friend. If you don't feel ready for that, just spend lots and lots of time with her (maybe bring her indoors?) lots of cuddles, treats and kisses - brushing too if she likes that.

I'm sorry to hear about Spot's passing :cry:
It's terrible to watch a bunny grieving- I don't know whether bonding her with a new bunny friend is something you would consider- in the meantime spend as much time with her as possible, groom her if she'll let you and maybe give her a cuddly toy to snuggle up to. If/when you feel ready to get a new companion for her a rescue is the best option as they will often help you to find a compatible bunny (it helps to let her choose) and rescue buns are usually neutered and vaccinated already, unlike petshop or breeder buns xx

I'm so sorry for your loss, you must be devastated.

I was going to suggest a cuddly toy too until you decide if you want to get a new companion (as well as lots of cuddles from you of course).

Hi, so sorry for your loss :(

I think the best thing for coffee is to get her a new companion. My Timmy grieved like this for my bridge bun Tilly so we decided to adopt him a companion (enter myMimi!) It has so hard at first because i was still grieving badly for Tilly, but as far as Timmy was concerned it worked wonders :D
Xxxxxxx

Back