• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got Him! Conti Food Question

Michelleox

Mama Doe
As you may have read on an earlier post, I rescued a Conti Cross the other day. We took him to the vets yesterday for his Myxi jab and health check. The vet was very pleased and said he’s very healthy – teeth are fine, everything clean and heart and tum sounds are normal. He is apparently six months old and his weight yesterday was 3.7 :shock:

He’s currently on Excel which I am to change to SS eventually. When I picked him up I just wanted him out of the situation he was in and (stupidly) forgot to ask how much Excel he was on. He’s a little overweight and doesn’t seem to eat much hay at the moment although is munching it (we’ve had him two days) so my suspicion is he’s been on quite a few pellets. His bunny bundles are fairly small from what I imagine Conti Bundles should look like. I don’t think he had much exercise at all judging by the size of the hutch he was in. He has had a tiny amount of carrot and a bit of spring green.

Can anyone help me with how much I should give him at the moment and how much he SHOULD be on. Amounts in egg cup sizes would be useful :lol:

I promise piccies will follow. He’s a lovely, friendly beautiful boy :love:

My conti shares his food bowl with two regular size buns so it's kind of hard to sya, although I suspect I probably feed them too much.

They have a medium sized bowl, it's just slightly bigger than your standard bunny bowl, and I fill it up for the three of them. If I only half fill it, Thistle eats most of it and Jess and Brian go hungry. :roll:

They also have constant access to a few different types of hay plus veggies and the odd bit of fruit as a treat.

Thistle's poo's aren't really as big as you'd think either. He's 7kg so you'd expcect huge poos but really they're probably only 50% bigger than a regular bunny poo!

My contis have around a small teacup each.
They are 4 yrs old, neither are overweight, and they have lots of veggies daily and hay

Back