• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great solution for the water bottle / bowl debate!

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
The bottle bowl - I think that this is a great product. I bought one for Pickles my french lop, she had pneumonia last year (which she has now recovered from thankfully), but since then she will only drink from a bowl. This has proved a nightmare as she needs a smallish bowl so she doesn't get her ears in it, but of course she empties it several times a day with most of it soaking her dewlap.

I am so glad that I found this product - she drinks from it and remains nice and dry and it only needs filling once or twice a day (for 2 large bunnies). I had to cut 2 bits of mesh off the run and attached it with a spring (it doesn't come with a fixing) but this was easy enough to do.

She has still been quite snuffly over the winter but I ordered this on Monday - it came on Tuesday and since then I am amazed that her snuffles seem to have improved massively (touches wood). I know that it is expensive but I can thoroughly recommend this to anyone with the same dilema!

That looks great :)

I dont think its overly expensive, if you consider how much we spend on other htings for our little fluffy wonders :)

OMG you have answered my prayers!!!!! Rodge HATES his bottle but ive been getting worried about his water bowl freezing over during the winter!

This has been purchased!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU! :lol:

This might have been of use to me a few years ago when I had a dewlap dunking bunny bonded with a bunny who couldn't use a bottle. We had to be so creative :lol:

OMG you have answered my prayers!!!!! Rodge HATES his bottle but ive been getting worried about his water bowl freezing over during the winter!

This has been purchased!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU! :lol:

Completely off topic, but you can use a snugglesafe under a water bowl to stop it freezing. I think bowls are better if they freeze than bottles though because the rabbit can still lick it, whereas a bottle just seizes up.

I've debated buying one of those but read that they were a pain to attach because of weight distribution or something.
Could you post a pic of how you've done yours?

I've debated buying one of those but read that they were a pain to attach because of weight distribution or something.
Could you post a pic of how you've done yours?

No problem - I will ask my hubby to take one, he is just popping home now. It wasn't too much of a problem - I have attached it with a spring and cut out one piece of mesh and it seems to sit nicely on the run.

Piccie to follow...

I was wondering the same thing - not sure how to attach it.

Great idea and not overly expensive, the glass bottles with a flat side I've got cost £8 each.

ohhh this may be just what I am looking for :D, but hmm how would I attach it, where do you get the spring attachments from ?

ohhh this may be just what I am looking for :D, but hmm how would I attach it, where do you get the spring attachments from ?

I got mine from the Domestic Fowl trust just up the road, but Dee also sells them here!. May just be worth checking with her that they are big enough, but I would have thought that they are a standard size.

Here you go...

pickle-bottle1.jpg

pickle-bottle2.jpg

Back