• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Bunny Insurance Can Anyone Recommend?

basirascal

Mama Doe
I would like to get Basil insured, but realise the fact that he had EC at 7 weeks might cause us a few problems. I was wondering if anyone could recommend, or had buns with pre-existing health problems that they managed to get good Insurance for. I realise that any condition that might arise due to his prevous EC would be excluded, but I would wondered which insurances covered dental problems (as long as you get your bun's teeth checked regularly), or problems related to Mixxi, as I realised bunnies can still get this even when vaccinated. Any thoughts anyone, please?:)

PetPlan give the best coverage. If you do a search on the forums you will find discussion of them vs ExoticDirect and HelpUCover which are the other two. I think PetPlan offer coverage for the most conditions and problems.

As long as they are vaccinated against myxi every 6 months they should be covered. Dental trimmings and burrings are not covered by the insurance, but I think other issues caused by dental problems might be if they have a dental checkup every 12 months.

I'm not sure about E.C. specifically. The problem with E.C. is that it's usually just a possible cause. They will probably put it as an exclusion on your policy and if the vet at the time thinks E.C. is the cause they will probably exclude that.

I'm not sure about E.C. specifically. The problem with E.C. is that it's usually just a possible cause. They will probably put it as an exclusion on your policy and if the vet at the time thinks E.C. is the cause they will probably exclude that.

I'm not 100% sure of my facts as it's just something I read on another forum, but someone whose bunny had being diagnosed as having EC before being insured didn't have any exclusions put on by Pet Plan. It's definitely worth checking but *hopefully* it's the case.

Thank you Stator & Bunny Buddy I will look into Petplan. Does anyone else have any ideas/suggestions on this? Many thanks

Back