• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bic and Biro's baby diary

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
When the babies arrived last week they were approx 2 weeks old. there eys had only just opened. This is Biro, as Bic is a bit more shy :)

P9020777.jpg

P9020776.jpg

As the week progressed we could tell Mum was developing breathing problems and could see the babies had crusty noses :( But we didn't want to take them to the vets until babies had left the nest as Mum ( Berol) is so freaked out at being handled

P9040834.jpg

P9040835.jpg

They eventually left the nest on Sunday afternoon. Mum was quite aggressive to them at first, I don;t think she knew what they were as her eyes have been damaged in the past so her eye sight isn't great. We got them straight to the vets first thing Monday morning and the vet diagnosed Pasturella in all 3 brought on by the stress of the move :(

P9050837.jpg

P9050839.jpg

Mum is on antibiotics and we are watching babies closely for any signs of further deterioration, but so far so good. Mums breathing is still noisy but the babies are definitely no worse. Today they decided to have a nibble on Mums food :love:

P9090846.jpg

P9090848.jpg

P9090847.jpg

P9090849.jpg

P9090850.jpg

These photos are among the sweetest and most heart-warming things I have ever seen. :love::love::love: Hope the antibiotics are helping them all. The TLC certainly looks as if it is taking effect. :wave:

they are all lovely, it's nice to see pics of them in nice enviroments. what happened to the boobie bunny?

Is there an update on these bunnies? Have I missed it?

Babies are very bright. It was Bic with the wettest nose but that seems better and it is now Biro with a little wet nose. Mums breathing is still wheezy but she is eating well, although still completely terrified of life

How did is miss this! How cute are they!!!!:love::love:

I'm glad they are getting over their health problems but how sad there Mum is so scared.:(

Poor Mum - hope she soon realises she is in a safe place. Apart from the wet noses, it must be lovely watching the little ones grow. :love::love::love:

aww they are all gorgeous :love: I've got my fingers crossed for all three of them, sending them all loads of get better vibes x

Back