• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thick fur on paws

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Louie has got really, really thick fur pads on both of his back hocks/paws. Like big thick wodges. Is this normal or will it make his feet sore?

I can't imagine it would make his feet sore, although maybe brush them as much as you can, let some air get to the skin

Don't think there would be much chance of him sitting still long enough to brush them and he goes manic if I pick him up :?

get a big big bath sheet...wrap him firmly..get someone to hold him and use a slicker brush on the underneath and sides of his feet. weve got to do berties tomorrow..hes wearing platform boots:lol:

his isnt matted just so hairy but because they dont have pads like cats and dogs..the fur is protection. so please go gently:wave:

i cant find berties toenails...in 2 weeks hes developed womble feet:lol::lol: gotta trim the fur to get to the nails.....our old bun was like that..even the vets used to have to clip her toe fur...must be a rew thing:lol:

get a big big bath sheet...wrap him firmly..get someone to hold him and use a slicker brush on the underneath and sides of his feet. weve got to do berties tomorrow..hes wearing platform boots:lol:
his isnt matted just so hairy but because they dont have pads like cats and dogs..the fur is protection. so please go gently:wave:

i cant find berties toenails...in 2 weeks hes developed womble feet:lol::lol: gotta trim the fur to get to the nails.....our old bun was like that..even the vets used to have to clip her toe fur...must be a rew thing:lol:

Brilliant description!

Back