• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tatty feet

charl86

Alpha Buck
Does anybody else's bunnys have problem with the fur on their feet? Sooty's seems to grow faster on his feet than anywhere else and it gets a bit tatty, not really sure what do do about it. When he goes under GA for dentals I somtimes notice that he's had them shaved down a bit by the vet, and they look lovely and neat but after a while they get tatty again, any big knots I try to cut off when I clip his nails, is there anything else I should be doing? I don't want him do be uncomfortable, or is it normal for buns to have tatty feet?

yes Ruby does too! There are tufts on the bottom of her feet, it's like she's on stilts half the time! I try to pluck it but it still seems to be attached...! :shock:

okay good to know its not just sooty, just thought it might of been uncomfortable for him, I think I fuss too much!:lol:

my bun has such fluffy feet :love: i noticed yesterday when seeing my cousins lionheads, and thought how fluffy his feet where compared to her rabbits, they had smaller back feet with less fluff, but he is a much smaller rabbit

Back