• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Things that go bump in the night ....

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I had to get up several times in the night to take things off the bunnies so I could sleep.

Mr Cheeky (REW foster bun) was making a racket with his water bottle - he seems to try and pull the bottle through the bars or something :shock: I don't think he's trying to drink he's just being disruptive. So I could hear this grating, pinging noise every five to ten seconds or so - after about half an hour (4.00 am) I got up and took his bottle off him (gave him a bowl instead, in case anyone's worried ;)) I've been paranoid about foxes since reading stuff on here recently so I've got the window open as they are only yards from where I sleep.

Elijah has a mad half hour at dawn :roll: Bless him though really but he's like a herd of elephants :love::love: He's only been doing that since Dot moved in next to him at the weekend :D

Then later it sounded like someone moving a wardrobe :evil:

There was a lot of banging outside, driving me to distraction, nothing I could do because when I went outside everyone was begging and no one owning up to being noisy. Anyhows, this morning Mr Cheeky has managed to move his litter tray outside the dark bit of his hutch into the open bit - I've no idea how because the potty seems too big to get through the hole in the divide :shock: No wonder he made a lot of noise. I also wonder if at any point he got it stuck and stranded in one side of the hutch.

:wave: REW with a lot of character looking for a home here :p :love::love::love: (not litter trained yet though) :lol::lol:

Edit to add: This is Cheeky with his litter tray upside down (pink plastic thing) he's determined not to use it :?

PICT3590.jpg

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol: It sounds like Mr Cheeky is definitely living up to his name. I wonder what he's going to get up to next. :shock: :lol:

You should of heard my lot last night :shock: .. In & out & in & out & round & round the dog crate , then sitting in the middle if the dog crate thumping, so needless to say I got zero sleep last night haha

god i know what thats like! luckily since i converted the shed and put them in there i havent had to worry about the noise because they are the other end of the garden! xx

Once Mango decided it would be fun to escape from his pen (at the time he didn't live in Maia's room) and wake me up at 5 am after a sleepless night. I woke to the sound of tiny furry steps on my bedroom floor :lol:

You should of heard my lot last night :shock: .. In & out & in & out & round & round the dog crate , then sitting in the middle if the dog crate thumping, so needless to say I got zero sleep last night haha

.. and they are all so bright eyed and flippin full of energy this morning :evil: :lol::lol::lol:

He's be keeping some lucky person on their toes I'm sure :love::love:

Awww, he sure will. I'm glad I came back as I see you've added a photo.... he is adorable :love::love: and looks very impressed with the fact that those dark circles under your eyes are his doing. :lol::lol:

Oh, and is it any wonder the litter tray's been outed - it's PINK! :lol::lol:

god i know what thats like! luckily since i converted the shed and put them in there i havent had to worry about the noise because they are the other end of the garden! xx

bliss, they are safe but out of ear shot :)

Once Mango decided it would be fun to escape from his pen (at the time he didn't live in Maia's room) and wake me up at 5 am after a sleepless night. I woke to the sound of tiny furry steps on my bedroom floor :lol:

I've had one of those with Elijah too :roll: I still don't know how he managed to escape but he's proved very good at it

Mr Cheeky is like a miniature of my Spenser, who is also very cheeky. I haven't plucked up courage to have him neutered :oops::oops:, so litter-training was a dead loss. Fortunately he is a tidy bun and does almost all his business in his bedroom. :roll::roll: I turned the litter-tray into a digging box. It provides him with much stimulation and exercise. Oh, and I wonder if Jack's Jane has seen this thread - there was that epeisode recently involving Sir Victor and a wooden spoon ... :lol::lol::lol:

I just KNEW you would blame the colour of the litter tray :lol::lol: Pink to match his eyes ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

But poor Mr Cheeky - he's turned up at Bunny Buddy hotel expecting a nice room, only to find it's got a girl's toilet in it. No wonder he's up all night. ;) Alfie says Mr Cheeky had better watch out.... it'll be a pink dog crate next. :lol::lol:

Spenser has a pink and purple jingle ball. I was quite concerned when it arrived - the one on the website was blue and yellow. I'm sure I've read somewhere that buns are colour-blind :?, but I know for a fact my friend's rabbit gets particularly randy if either of us is wearing a red or bright pink top. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Honestly ... I've had him dangling from my arm by all four paws (he is a cute little mini-lop). I happen to wear bright pink fleeces a lot of the time, and they make him see red too. Luckily my own lad is not that way inclined at all.

Phoebe can be very noisy at night ..thumping and banging, chucking her toys and food bowls around :shock:
The neighbours have passed comment ..they've been very nice about it so far:?
The move into the shed was done today ...she seemed very excited running around ..checking everything out Hopefully the extra space might mean she makes less noise ....she was always very grumpy when I put her away for the night in the hutch .I thought she was making a row because she was in the enclosed space...and wanted to stay out :lol:

Honestly ... I've had him dangling from my arm by all four paws (he is a cute little mini-lop). I happen to wear bright pink fleeces a lot of the time, and they make him see red too. Luckily my own lad is not that way inclined at all.

Awwww, he sounds very ..... erm.... cute (as long as you're not wearing pink :lol:).

Teehee a familiar tale. My Loki decided that litter trays didnt belong in the corners and started to pull both of them an pile them in the middle, so he could run around the edges of the cage. He's had a lot of things taken off him at 4 in the morning too - wooden houses, tunnels, waterbottles... My lady bun also has the dawn sprinting session too, and at one point a period of deciding half five was breakfast time where she one escape and come run around my bedroom. Between the pair of them I didnt sleep for two weeks - Relegation to the kitchen at night has now helped.

naughty buns :lol: id have suggested the same thing, taking off water bottle and giving a bowl

wonder what he finds next to make a racket :lol:

Back