• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Considering a wife for Mylo! Advice needed please!

:wave:Hi Guys,

right i have been thinkin how nice it would be for mylo to have a wife, but i need to try an persuade my husband to think like me!

Mylo is a 10 month old neutered male who is an indoor bunny that gets plenty of attention from both of us (mainly me!), so is it still good to have more than one? I know that he will give me less attention :( but id love him to have a friend to chase around the room and play with :D

Is it hard to bond? I dont have a clue what he would be like with another rabbit, the last time he saw one was before we got him, and we got him from a breeder (if i was to get another, she would definately come from a rescue) so I would hate to get him a wife and they ended up hating each other so i would be left with 2 lonely bunnies. Moving any outside isnt an option that i would like to consider, there are too many cats round near me and I would be worried about them too much!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
if you get the rescue to do the bonding and met Mylo choose who he wants its highly unlikely you will end up with a broken bond :wave::wave:

Lou at hopper haven is like a bunny whisperer and she can tell within a few hours if bunnies will bond or not and will not send home a pair who seem likely to fight. i assume most rescues are the same because they have so many buns and do so many bonds they just know.

i also prefer to see a bunny pick a mate rather than go out and get a bunny then force them to like each other

Alvin is a tough bunny to bond hes SO humpy but twice now Lou has got it spot on by letting the bunnies decide if they will get on or not.

good luck, two bunnies snuggling is the best sight in the world i think :love::love::love::love::love:

if you get the rescue to do the bonding and met Mylo choose who he wants its highly unlikely you will end up with a broken bond :wave::wave:

Lou at hopper haven is like a bunny whisperer and she can tell within a few hours if bunnies will bond or not and will not send home a pair who seem likely to fight. i assume most rescues are the same because they have so many buns and do so many bonds they just know.

i also prefer to see a bunny pick a mate rather than go out and get a bunny then force them to like each other

Alvin is a tough bunny to bond hes SO humpy but twice now Lou has got it spot on by letting the bunnies decide if they will get on or not.

good luck, two bunnies snuggling is the best sight in the world i think :love::love::love::love::love:

Thanks, thats my major concern that they wont get on and i would hate mylo to end up fighting, hes a cuddly bun with me but i dont know what he would be like with someone new on his turf! :?

Yeh thats a good idea to let Mylo pick someone out rather than me picking it, suppose if my parents picked my husband i might not have got on with him so choosing himself is definately a good idea!

Thanks, thats my major concern that they wont get on and i would hate mylo to end up fighting, hes a cuddly bun with me but i dont know what he would be like with someone new on his turf! :?

Yeh thats a good idea to let Mylo pick someone out rather than me picking it, suppose if my parents picked my husband i might not have got on with him so choosing himself is definately a good idea!

another point to consider before you go ahead... the circle...

i truely believe a bunny can be happy single if theyve never had bunny luv BUT once youve got a pair it will always need to be a pair because a bunny will deffo miss bunny luv once its had it. i think if i had my time again i may of kept Alvin single because im now stuck getting a partner for a grieving bun forever or *snifffff* the rehoming option if i didnt want more.

its really tough trying to do the right thing for these angels :?

another point to consider before you go ahead... the circle...

i truely believe a bunny can be happy single if theyve never had bunny luv BUT once youve got a pair it will always need to be a pair because a bunny will deffo miss bunny luv once its had it. i think if i had my time again i may of kept Alvin single because im now stuck getting a partner for a grieving bun forever or *snifffff* the rehoming option if i didnt want more.

its really tough trying to do the right thing for these angels :?

Yeh i can see what u mean, when we had guinea pigs when we were younger my mum always made sure we had two.

Part of me thinks leave mylo on his own cos i always play with, cuddle him, chase him round the room, etc but then part of me wants him to have a friend so he can play with an run around and cuddle upto when hes sleepin!

if your close now you wont lose that, he will teach his new pal how nice you are ;)

Pearl loved humans and was a real snuggle bun, she actually showed Alvin we was ok afterall. infact he became friendlier when he got Pearl for company, almost like a thankyou :love::love:

if your close now you wont lose that, he will teach his new pal how nice you are ;)

Pearl loved humans and was a real snuggle bun, she actually showed Alvin we was ok afterall. infact he became friendlier when he got Pearl for company, almost like a thankyou :love::love:

Maybe if i get another one it might mean that my husband will get more attention instead of mylo gettin it all :D

Mine still give me lots of attention, especially my lops. That didn't change when they were bonded. It did change when I attempted a foursome though. But as soon as they went back to pairs I got attention again. :lol:

Mine still give me lots of attention, especially my lops. That didn't change when they were bonded. It did change when I attempted a foursome though. But as soon as they went back to pairs I got attention again. :lol:

Thats cos nutmeg confused everything! :lol::wave:

Thats cos nutmeg confused everything! :lol::wave:

I think she's confused herself. :roll: I put them in the carrier earlier cos I was mopping the floor. She started chasing Smudge IN the carrier. :roll: I don't think she actually attacked him. I've checked him over. And she hasn't done it out of the carrier so I don't think it's the same as with Mischa. Just frustration at being stuck.

I showed my OH lots of snuggling bunny pics. They soon come round after that. Melts even the coldest heart ;)

Back