• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bunny angel at the bridge today/ Make that 2/ Leela's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
This morning our old girl Summer passed to the bridge :(. She had been with me for over 9 years so it is going to be very strange and sad not to have her around.

Summer has been such a brave girl, she had one eye removed earlier in the year and recovered well. But a few weeks ago began to develop problems in her remaining eye. The vets were unsure what was going on at first and metacam helped her for a while. However in the past few days we could tell she was starting to experience more pain :( Today the vet could see a tumour actually growing inside her eye, behind the lens, which would have been extremely painful for her :cry:

As always Steve held her until the end.

She is now back with her Mum April, I rescued them together from the most awful conditions. I remember it like yesterday.

We also thought we would loose Frank today as he had started to deteriorate over the past week, but it isn;t his tumour causing the pain, he has spurs on 2 very back teeth. He has been admitted for a dental today, which isn't great for a 8 year old one eyed bunny with a tumour, but its better news than we were expecting :)

Last edited:
Binky Free Summer.

You'll be truly missed, no more pain or problems now, just lots of nommy green grass and space to run free.

I am sorry to hear of Summer's passing :cry: At least she had a loving home for life and it was a long life of happiness too :)

I hope that all goes well for Frank xx

I am sorry to hear of Summer's passing :cry: At least she had a loving home for life and it was a long life of happiness too :)

I hope that all goes well for Frank xx

Thank you. She spent 7 happy years in a huge playhouse and run with her Mum and Woody. And the last 2 years indoors first with Moses and finally Revel. Hopefully a much better life than she would of had if she had been left in that god awful childrens petting zoo :(:( She had 8 litter mates, but we couldn't take them all. I often wonder what happened to them :?

So very sorry. Summer was clearly loved and she would have known and felt that :love: Binky free lovely Summer. Lots of cuddles for Revel xx

I am so sorry Summer has passed Liz :cry: and very sorry for Revel too.
She had a wonderful long life with you. Binky free Summer xxxx

I am so sorry Summer has passed Liz :cry: and very sorry for Revel too.
She had a wonderful long life with you. Binky free Summer xxxx

Thanks Faye, besides Revel we have had her longer than any other pet, including our cats. Revel is going to be 10 in 4 weeks :shock: Fingers crossed he copes Ok on his own and we can celebrate his birthday :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Summer, how sad. :cry: I hope you can take some comfort from knowing that she had a long and happy life.

Poor Revel too; I remember their bonding being very interesting as they both slept a lot. I hope he's ok. xx

Binky free, special girl. :love: I recently saw her picture (with Woody and April) in a back issue of Rabbiting On. Will look out for news of Frank's dental.

I'm so sorry Liz. She was such a lovely girl, I can't believe she's gone!:cry::cry::cry:

RIP Summer, you'll be so missed. Binky free and have lots of nice noms with your mom, dad and your siblings who went before you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lots of love to you Liz, and your bunnies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry. She had a long and happy life with you....Poor Revel...hope his dental goes well.
Binky free sweetheart :cry:

So sorry! But she had a fab long life with you so you can hopefully take comfort in that. :) Hope revel does well without her. Binky free sweet bunny. xx

Back