• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Lucy has diarrhoea

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: just feels like one thing after another. It's literally just a brown liquid seeping straight out of her anus. I've given her some fibreplex, should I take her to the vets or wait and see if the fibreplex sorts her out?

I would take her straight to the vet. She could need antibiotics or other medication. lots of vibes x

OH just rang vets and they said to wait 24 hours and only feed her hay and water, no veg or pellets :?

It was literally only a trickle and it seems to have cleared up, it was only when I picked her up a few minutes ago, there was none on the floor of her room. I'm so worried should I ring back and insist on seeing the vet or should I wait 24 hours like they say?

It was literally only a trickle and it seems to have cleared up, it was only when I picked her up a few minutes ago, there was none on the floor of her room. I'm so worried should I ring back and insist on seeing the vet or should I wait 24 hours like they say?

If you have concerns then insist upon an appointment - you're the one who's paying, so it's up to you if you want to be seen today, not them.

I don't know, because it has cleared up and it was just a trickle, I don't know what to do, it's never happened to one of my buns before

In that case keep her on hay, and keep an eye on her x

ok thank you. I don't want to stress them out with the hour vet journey on public transport for nothing but I don't want her to be poorly! I'm at work this afternoon but OH is in all day so he can keep an eye on her x

Get well vibes for Lucy, and thinking of you. :wave: Not what you needed with all the worry over poor Zero's toe. :(

Is she passing normal poo and is she eating and drinking OK ?

What is her general demeanor and does her belly look unusually bloated ?

Is she passing normal poo and is she eating and drinking OK ?

What is her general demeanor and does her belly look unusually bloated ?

She is nomming hay like there's no tomorrow, I haven't seen her drink though. She has passed normal poo I think. She is bright and hopping around and doesn't look bloated.

Thank you Susie Bun :wave:

Ah ok. when my bun had diarrhoea there were big puddles of it evrywhere. I guess if just a trickle and nowt else and she's eating then just keep an eye. Hope she gets on ok x

Ah ok. when my bun had diarrhoea there were big puddles of it evrywhere. I guess if just a trickle and nowt else and she's eating then just keep an eye. Hope she gets on ok x

Thank you :wave:. No if there were big puddles I wouldn't even be asking I'd be straight to the vet!!! It's just because it was such a tiny trickle that I'm unsure x

Wonder what caused it? :? They do like us to worry, methinks ... a couple of times Spenser has done a squidgy poo just before I leave if I'm going to be more than a couple of hours. :roll::roll::roll:

Back