• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Katie's not eating!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Katie hasn't taken her breakfast this morning and is very quiet. I've booked her into the vet at 2.20pm and have tried to syringe some biolapis into her- she still has plenty of fight. Feel awful because I slept in this morning- have the day off and never even heard the alarm.
I did call the vets and he offered to give me meds, but I would rather be sure it isn't a blockage before giving metochloprimide.

Oh no :(
Is she pooing? Does her tum feel hard? A gentle massage might help. If she feels cold keep her cosy. Its a shame tge vets cant see her sooner.

Loads of vibes xxxxxx

No, she not pooping and her tummy isn't really hard. I've given it a rub and she is back in her hutch.
I've got to go and feed the dogs and cats now and I feel rubbish for having slept so soundly- I haven't slept that deeply, without waking through the night for a long time. I must have switched off the alarm but have no recollection of doing it, I'm usually a very light sleeper.

Dont feel guilty you deserved a lie in and noone can be on bunny watch 24/7. She might even have been ok this morning its hard to tell in these situations.

The main thing is you're with her now and getting her seen to ASAP. do u have any metacam at home, if so id give her some. It might encourage her to eat xxxxxxxxxx

Sending loads of vibes for Katie. Don't blame yourself its sods law that something happens when we oversleep that one time or are running behind, when in reality it probably doesn't make any difference to the situation x

Just back from the vet, he doesn't think there is a blockage so she has had metochloprimide, metacam, zantac and a baytril injection ( just in case). I have a dose of further injections home to give and some fbreplex. Katie was very cute because at one point she jumped into my arms, but was being very hard to examine. I've just given her some fibreplex but most of it ended up on me. The one good thing, was, that even with all this stress her eyes stayed practically normal. Now we just have to hope she responds to the treatment, and her tummy stops gurgling.

Thats a good update, hope she is ok.

She is like my Inca with a gurgling tum, hers is sooooo loud at times!

How is wee Katie doing now?

I have sent her a present in the post yesterday, was standard parcels, so she should get it mid-week. x

Back