• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why dont she like me :(

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i am Holly's main carer and she does sometimes like me but shes such a hussy with Ste and my mom but me i get the grunt/thump :cry::cry:

i took them to my moms for a few days last night so that i can get upstairs sorted without upsetting them and clogging up little lungs with 5 years worth of dust..

i got to my moms this morning, how are they? are they eating? moms answer "bloody hell yes Holly tried to come through the door to get to me, both running about the legs to get the pellets"

so up i go all happy, Holly comes running over.. realises its me grunts, thumps then hides between a table and a carrier :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: then she did it again as i changed the litter tray then again after i had left the room.

shes enough to give a bunny mummy a complex :(

How upsetting for you! :( Maybe she is just picking up on the inevitable stress surrounding a move, even although you are doing every possible to minimise the effect it has on her. I got quite upset when my rabbit thumped his feet at me after licking my Mum's hand. This was a once off, thankfully! He's not really a licky bunny, but thankfully not much of a thumper either. Hope things settle down for you all. :wave:

i dunno i think she clashes with me, when i read up why she pees on my bed or on the floor when im near her it said its because ive offended her in some way and she views me as the lowest of the low :?

i like her attitude shes cool, but i wish she would direct it elsewhere :oops::oops:

Can you look from her point of view? There will be a reason for it, its just looking and trying to work out what.

Are you and Alvin close? Do you smell of something particular she doesn't like? Do you do things to her she doesn't like (like nail clipping, meds)?

Awwwwww, I'm sure you're not that bad. ;)

Alfie and Bubbles are much more 'at ease' with dh and the kids than they are with me generally speaking.

I think it's because they know I'm the one most likely to try to pick them up, look at their bottoms, bundle them into a carrier & to the vet etc whereas nobody else will even attempt to pick them up.

Can you look from her point of view? There will be a reason for it, its just looking and trying to work out what.

Are you and Alvin close? Do you smell of something particular she doesn't like? Do you do things to her she doesn't like (like nail clipping, meds)?

i wouldnt say close but he does seem to like me... he still buzzes me but i think thats just for food... i do think maybe she dont want me near her man. i am her only human right now so i do the picking up to go vets and admittedly she has been quite a few times in her short stay with me :oops::oops::oops:

i dont wear purfume and my clothes are washed in the same stuff as her towel that she likes to lie on :?

i think she just dont like me much and just likes others :lol::lol:

I can't help but wonder if she is trying to be dominant with you because of yours and alvin's relationship.

I can't help but wonder if she is trying to be dominant with you because of yours and alvin's relationship.

i thought dominance with the peeing, she is deffo a willful little madam and i suppose its a compliment that shes not scared of me enough to be a mean cow :lol::lol::lol:

ive never heard her grunt at anyone else not even the vet :shock:

Does she associate you with .. Getting meds ? Or going to the vets ?

I know one if my buns don't like me much since she was on meds when she cut her eye & I had to clean it out with salt water :(, but she loves OH lol

I know exactly how you feel bailey doesnt like me much either he thumps at me all the time even when hes getting his pellets :roll: you should have heard him the other day when i started giving trev his medicine it was if there was a drummer in my garage!! :lol:
He doesnt just do it with me tho he does it with everyone hes not exactly what you would call sociable he doesnt even like nose rubs :cry: :lol:

Does she let you pick her up? Maybe you need some one on one bonding time in front of the tele. I always find that helps with mine. They have to get to know me. I don't hold them, just put them on my lap and let them explore me and the chair :lol: As it's a different environment they rarely want to get down. If they do I just direct them back towards me.

Does she let you pick her up? Maybe you need some one on one bonding time in front of the tele. I always find that helps with mine. They have to get to know me. I don't hold them, just put them on my lap and let them explore me and the chair :lol: As it's a different environment they rarely want to get down. If they do I just direct them back towards me.

she eventually cowers in the corner when i try to pick her up.. she is a female Alvin so i know im in for the long haul to get her approval but what i dont get is why she likes everyone else so much :?

I know exactly how you feel bailey doesnt like me much either he thumps at me all the time even when hes getting his pellets :roll: you should have heard him the other day when i started giving trev his medicine it was if there was a drummer in my garage!! :lol:
He doesnt just do it with me tho he does it with everyone hes not exactly what you would call sociable he doesnt even like nose rubs :cry: :lol:

awwwww Alvin is a random thumper but not usually at people. one thing Holly shows me is how friendly Alvin actually is and hes a proper human hater

she eventually cowers in the corner when i try to pick her up.. she is a female Alvin so i know im in for the long haul to get her approval but what i dont get is why she likes everyone else so much :?

Cos she's a tart. :p I guess it must just be cos she sees you around. Maybe it's curiosity with other people?

Audrey does that with my o/h, as soon as he walks along she stomps off:lol: I think she associates him with nail trimming/antibiotics etc. He does half of the feeding every day and he stops up with them till the early hours, prob spends more thime with them, but she's still stroppy with him! I do find it amusing though;)

It's still early days with Holy though, keep persevering

xx

Back