• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap runs?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I desperately need a couple of new runs, but they all seem so blummin expensive. Can anyone recommend anywhere that does cheap wood and weld mesh runs?

I'm a bit far North for you, but I had one made at a backstreet woodyardy place in Leeds. He made me a foldable 8' x6' (2ft high) for £30 a couple of years ago. It's a bit big to really fold away, but I can drag round garden, & I shove some bricks & pegs around it to secure. The mesh is 19g, & one third of the top is covered.

It's starting to look a bit battered now - I got it 2 years ago at Xmas, but at £30 I can afford to replace every couple of years:D

Animal Kingdom on ebay does really good priced mesh. We have used them for the past few years, there service is excellent :)

I'm a bit far North for you, but I had one made at a backstreet woodyardy place in Leeds. He made me a foldable 8' x6' (2ft high) for £30 a couple of years ago. It's a bit big to really fold away, but I can drag round garden, & I shove some bricks & pegs around it to secure. The mesh is 19g, & one third of the top is covered.

It's starting to look a bit battered now - I got it 2 years ago at Xmas, but at £30 I can afford to replace every couple of years:D

I've never managed to find anywhere local that would make cheap runs. I don't think it helps to live in the city...anything bespoke seems to cost an arm and a leg here :(

Make one yourself. If you want me to explain how to I'll PM you. It's really easy, especially if you find somewhere that will cut wood to size for you :)
And it could cost you about £30 per 5/6 ft run depending on prices at local store x

Back