• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bedding - POSH

Yeah - I thought so too...but then thought...aaaaah Im sure they wont nibble it tooooooooooooooo much!:roll::lol:

I wondered if the material used was ok?

If I find something else thats cheaper but hard wearing & not full of cushion fuller for the buns to eat etc...that would be great too?:?

my lot have some dog/cat beds, & all they do is wee on then :roll:, so now they only have them to lie on when they are free ranging lol

Yes, when it comes to pet beds I think bunnies wee on them to say 'this is mine, don't touch it if you value your life' :lol:

Poppet sleeps in a cat igloo (without the cushion, she likes a hard surface :?). She had several before this one. The first, she chewed up totally within a week. The second lasted 6 months. The one she's got now, she's had nearly 2 years and loves it. She drags all of her fave things in there, like her teddy (although he sometimes gets thrown out when shes done bad :D) and her blanket. She does have the tendency to take bits of food in there with her, so I will often find bits of old carrot hidden under the blanket. Before you splash out that much on a bed, try a cheap one first and remove at any sign of chewing. I generally find they like igloos because it makes them feel safe and resembles a burrow

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Arrabella weed on one of my cushions the other day! She hopped up - had a sniff & then weed - then hopped away looking really chuffed with her done deed!:lol:

I did think they would wee - but thought i could wipe it...

What cat/dog things do you guys use?
pics?

PLastic or fabric?:?

Poppet sleeps in a cat igloo (without the cushion, she likes a hard surface :?). She had several before this one. The first, she chewed up totally within a week. The second lasted 6 months. The one she's got now, she's had nearly 2 years and loves it. She drags all of her fave things in there, like her teddy (although he sometimes gets thrown out when shes done bad :D) and her blanket. She does have the tendency to take bits of food in there with her, so I will often find bits of old carrot hidden under the blanket. Before you splash out that much on a bed, try a cheap one first and remove at any sign of chewing. I generally find they like igloos because it makes them feel safe and resembles a burrow

Thank you! :D
Very helpful...sounds funny what Poppet does in there - big adventure going on!:love:

I just nipped downstairs to take a quick photo of my buns- they werent impressed!

09092010176-1.jpg

This is Poppet in her igloo, its looking a bit tatty now, I think it'll be on her christmas list!

09092010177-1.jpg

And Jasmine was feeling left out, so she got her photo taken too, but as you can see, she didn't appreciate the flash!

I just nipped downstairs to take a quick photo of my buns- they werent impressed!

09092010176-1.jpg

This is Poppet in her igloo, its looking a bit tatty now, I think it'll be on her christmas list!

09092010177-1.jpg

And Jasmine was feeling left out, so she got her photo taken too, but as you can see, she didn't appreciate the flash!

aaaah - bless! Poppet looks so cute in there!:lol: Bless Jasmine...sooooooooo fluffy!:love:
Can you put those in the machine to wash? and tumbledry?

I like the idea of them having somehting to lay in lengthways - but also think they would like a hidey one like Poppets!:D
I would only use it for them when they free range inside...

Yeah its washable. She does lay out in it, well when she hasnt been digging at the blanket she does. She is quite a big bun and she has loads of room.

i made my mum buy her bun a trixie tent...black n orange with a velcroed fleece pad in the base.

my dear bif used to use a cat hooded/igloo bed..the whole thing went in the washing machine. she loved it.

bertie my frenchie has a massive plastic dog bed...he has pet fleeces in it and his toy bunny and yes he sleeps in when he wants...but he also likes to wee in it through the holes!!:shock::lol::lol:

Yeah - I thought so too...but then thought...aaaaah Im sure they wont nibble it tooooooooooooooo much!:roll::lol:

Ha, hahahahaha. Who're you kidding? :lol:

Actually, Oidhche is a serial nibbler and she doesn't chew hers. She has a plain fabric dog bed which can be chucked in the washing machine. I don't have a pic I'm afraid as I'm not on my computer. It's this kind of style http://www.petsathome.com/shop/henry-s-paw-print-oval-dog-bed-by-pets-at-home-32590 but the cushion comes out of mine for easy washing. Plus I got mine in the sale. :lol:

heres the wigwam

http://www.petstuffgalore.co.uk/small-animal-products/housing/wigwam-tent-for-guinea-pigs.html

the other thing you could do is a plastic cat carrier...take the grille off and put little blankets...old soft towels or dressing gowns:lol:

Thankyou! Very cute!:D

Yesterday, 01:36 AM #16
purplebumble
Warren Veteran

i made my mum buy her bun a trixie tent...black n orange with a velcroed fleece pad in the base.

my dear bif used to use a cat hooded/igloo bed..the whole thing went in the washing machine. she loved it.

bertie my frenchie has a massive plastic dog bed...he has pet fleeces in it and his toy bunny and yes he sleeps in when he wants...but he also likes to wee in it through the holes!!

Great ideas! Thanks again! I like the idea they can have a snuggle place thats not a litter tray:DI thought about those dog beds - great as they are hard plastic...but the wee-holes!:shock::lol:

Coineanach;4015567[B said:
]Ha, hahahahaha. Who're you kidding? :lol:[/B]

Actually, Oidhche is a serial nibbler and she doesn't chew hers. She has a plain fabric dog bed which can be chucked in the washing machine. I don't have a pic I'm afraid as I'm not on my computer. It's this kind of style http://www.petsathome.com/shop/henry-s-paw-print-oval-dog-bed-by-pets-at-home-32590 but the cushion comes out of mine for easy washing. Plus I got mine in the sale. :lol:

I know I know!:roll::lol::lol::lol:
looks very comfy!

Last edited:
Back