• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weirdy toe

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Nicola's thread just reminded me....Apache has one claw that points straight up vertically and waggles backwards and forwards very loosely...I noticed it ages ago but it doesn't bother him so I ignore it. What do you think this is - could he have broken it or something in the past?

That sounds a lot like Fudge's toe! Feels totally unconnected to anything solid? The vet said it was either disclocated or fractured, and that it wasn't easy/necessary to fix it. Fudge did it jumping off my shoulder at the vets when she was about 3 months old - she's now 18 months and it doesn't cause her any problems.

esupi.

that's just like what Zero's toe feels like. It does sound like he's dislocated it or something, if they dislocate it once it'll keep coming back out.

Pickles has one too, only his is twisted so the claw sticks out horizontally, away from his other toes. It doesn't bother him though.

Back